Jump to content

Turning in to a beauty let’s see some more bedlington xs


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In her prime; Now almost 15; Cheers.

Here’s mine 8 years old now and pretty much retired with Arthritis and a supposedly dickie heart. Bedlington Bull Greyhound, decent enough in his day and still has a fantastic nose on him. The picture

my old beddy bull grey bitch 23tts...loved teeth and could fill a freezer, could turn her hand to anything you showed her... had some serious stamina for a small bitch👍

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bird said:

never thought of the wheaten in the beddyx to whippet or grey, but thinking about it  drop of wheaten   deff give bit more bone and grit and as been said dont loose the coat , lot of pit x  grey  or  whippetx grey have poor coats and feet .  other breeds help stop this .!

Bedy grey don't need more grit .

Link to post
1 hour ago, tank34 said:

My bitch not f1 her sir from long line her dam was out cross an going back to dog from same lines as her sir , keeping bitch pup back an in time want to add bull or Wheaton or beddy bull greyhound or beddy Wheaton greyhound with rough coat that's the plan mate 

The odds are still the same of smooth popping up unless sticking to tight line breeding were uniform can be controlled to a degree over time but it’s all a gamble breeding Lurchers being x breds I’m the same as you I like a rough coat my self if I ever breed again I’d want to keep a rough coat bitch back. Like the sound of that tank beddy x to Wheaton or bull cross should keep plenty of terrier grit in em hope it all goes well for you mate👍🏽

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Bedy grey don't need more grit .

Sadly mate if they being used as a more out an out specialist dog the more grit the merrier if worked regularly on em a 22tts 20-23kg beddy greyhound that’s fine built like most the f1s you see will soon find its self smashed to bits an on the scrap heap or even jack completely if used regular im not saying for one minute that a beddy greyhound won’t or can’t as I know the score with em but regular wrong dog for the job more grit needed if that’s there sole job so can’t nock lads wanting to breed there beddy crosses more trailered to that job 

Link to post
31 minutes ago, poxon said:

Sadly mate if they being used as a more out an out specialist dog the more grit the merrier if worked regularly on em a 22tts 20-23kg beddy greyhound that’s fine built like most the f1s you see will soon find its self smashed to bits an on the scrap heap or even jack completely if used regular im not saying for one minute that a beddy greyhound won’t or can’t as I know the score with em but regular wrong dog for the job more grit needed if that’s there sole job so can’t nock lads wanting to breed there beddy crosses more trailered to that job 

Thay do make good dogs for the job an work I do now but if was out lamping 3 times aweek you soon sicken a beddy greyhound not saying all you may get one that can sick it out but add a bit of bull or Wheaton your going to up your chances of a better dog for the job , out of 3 beddy greyhound one was mad for the job an tuck a lot with her 22tts strong hard game bitch , bitch I have now is sound but not a patch on old one 👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
48 minutes ago, poxon said:

Sadly mate if they being used as a more out an out specialist dog the more grit the merrier if worked regularly on em a 22tts 20-23kg beddy greyhound that’s fine built like most the f1s you see will soon find its self smashed to bits an on the scrap heap or even jack completely if used regular im not saying for one minute that a beddy greyhound won’t or can’t as I know the score with em but regular wrong dog for the job more grit needed if that’s there sole job so can’t nock lads wanting to breed there beddy crosses more trailered to that job 

i wasn't knocking anyone and I like the idea of Wheaton blood in the mix and I would never say bedy grey the finished article but the start and Wheaton in the mix make stronger type of dog same as adding bull .it all depends on work we do . 

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

i wasn't knocking anyone and I like the idea of Wheaton blood in the mix and I would never say bedy grey the finished article but the start and Wheaton in the mix make stronger type of dog same as adding bull .

My nocking comment was tongue in cheek comment  it wasn’t meant personally but was a way of me describing broadly to any one that lads that add other blood I recon it’s a good thing if that’s there dogs job as it’s dogs for jobs an we all different in our needs I know a lot of lads think us beddy cross lads are one track minded  blokes an think we think that beddy crosses are the be all end all in the Lurcher game they do everything an no other cross compares in our eyes but I think most us beddy cross lads are open minded guys tbh I know there’s a few die hards out there an won’t have a bad word said about our favourite cross 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Thay do make good dogs for the job an work I do now but if was out lamping 3 times aweek you soon sicken a beddy greyhound not saying all you may get one that can sick it out but add a bit of bull or Wheaton your going to up your chances of a better dog for the job , out of 3 beddy greyhound one was mad for the job an tuck a lot with her 22tts strong hard game bitch , bitch I have now is sound but not a patch on old one 👍

💯 agree there mate 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, poxon said:

My nocking comment was tongue in cheek comment  it wasn’t meant personally but was a way of me describing broadly to any one that lads that add other blood I recon it’s a good thing if that’s there dogs job as it’s dogs for jobs an we all different in our needs I know a lot of lads think us beddy cross lads are one track minded  blokes an think we think that beddy crosses are the be all end all in the Lurcher game they do everything an no other cross compares in our eyes but I think most us beddy cross lads are open minded guys tbh I know there’s a few die hards out there an won’t have a bad word said about our favourite cross 

👍

Link to post
1 hour ago, poxon said:

My nocking comment was tongue in cheek comment  it wasn’t meant personally but was a way of me describing broadly to any one that lads that add other blood I recon it’s a good thing if that’s there dogs job as it’s dogs for jobs an we all different in our needs I know a lot of lads think us beddy cross lads are one track minded  blokes an think we think that beddy crosses are the be all end all in the Lurcher game they do everything an no other cross compares in our eyes but I think most us beddy cross lads are open minded guys tbh I know there’s a few die hards out there an won’t have a bad word said about our favourite cross 

I wouldn't say we are die hards, I had this conversation with my son Bedlington the other day. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post

Not had many dogs and he’s the only one that don’t know exact percentages (not that it matters think people get too hung up with fractions- plus can only take it on trust what been told in past with other pups anyway). He’s beddy/whippet/grey x collie/grey beddy/whippet 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...