Turning in to a beauty let’s see some more bedlington xs

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In her prime; Now almost 15; Cheers.

Here’s mine 8 years old now and pretty much retired with Arthritis and a supposedly dickie heart. Bedlington Bull Greyhound, decent enough in his day and still has a fantastic nose on him. The picture

my old beddy bull grey bitch 23tts...loved teeth and could fill a freezer, could turn her hand to anything you showed her... had some serious stamina for a small bitch?

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

I'm not in a hurry to put him over anything right now. But your bitch is a cracker

My bitch has only just gone 2....I need to see a few more seasons under her first?And im in no rush myself.... Don't hurt to put out some feelers, you never know what's around the corner with the dogs. He looks a real  nice animal ?that bitch is wheaton /bull half grey 27tts...atvb?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

My bitch has only just gone 2....I need to see a few more seasons under her first?And im in no rush myself.... Don't hurt to put out some feelers, you never know what's around the corner with the dogs. He looks a real  nice animal ?that bitch is wheaton /bull half grey 27tts...atvb?

Good show

3 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Nice dog him a cross been thinking about , would you say the Wheaton added more to the beddy greyhound pal 

The wheaten adds a more power than the normal beddie x, especially on contact.  You could get the same by adding bull, but risk loosing the weatherproof coat. I don't know if its a quirk of this litter, but they are very protective of their owners.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, trenchfoot said:

The wheaten adds a more power than the normal beddie x, especially on contact.  You could get the same by adding bull, but risk loosing the weatherproof coat. I don't know if its a quirk of this litter, but they are very protective of their owners.

Is he half x to half x , I like my runners to have rough coat doing bull greyhound to beddy greyhound as put me of for that reason losing coat 

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Best dog I've owned was bred that way?

never thought of the wheaten in the beddyx to whippet or grey, but thinking about it  drop of wheaten   deff give bit more bone and grit and as been said dont loose the coat , lot of pit x  grey  or  whippetx grey have poor coats and feet .  other breeds help stop this .!

21 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Chance of losing coat puts me off as would go that way be a wasted litter if not rough coated pup I wanted ?

Anything you breed to a f1 beddy greyhound smooth coats will pop even if you put two rough coats together smooth pops up it’s a gamble your have to take tank to get what you want 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Anything you breed to a f1 beddy greyhound smooth coats will pop even if you put two rough coats together smooth pops up it’s a gamble your have to take tank to get what you want 

tend to find that with beddywhippets mate. first cross you get the odd smooth one. put two first cross together and there's a lot more variation, you get quite a lot more smooth coated ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

My bitch not f1 her sir from long line her dam was out cross an going back to dog from same lines as her sir , keeping bitch pup back an in time want to add bull or Wheaton or beddy bull greyhound or beddy Wheaton greyhound with rough coat that's the plan mate 

4 hours ago, bird said:

never thought of the wheaten in the beddyx to whippet or grey, but thinking about it  drop of wheaten   deff give bit more bone and grit and as been said dont loose the coat , lot of pit x  grey  or  whippetx grey have poor coats and feet .  other breeds help stop this .!

Bedy grey don't need more grit .