Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

On 14/10/2022 at 20:27, mC HULL said:

similar to the men with whippets here don’t want to run em at the strongest even doubled up ? 

id worry i was doubling up before i worried they might be breeding soon ? 

how anyone can think there been sporting running doubled is a joke in it’s self ? 

I’m sure u be welcome to try explain “ how anyone can think there been sporting running doubled is a joke in it’s self “ to the Spanish coursing clubs  you’d go along way lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

I’m sure u be welcome to try explain “ how anyone can think there been sporting running doubled is a joke in it’s self “ to the Spanish coursing clubs  you’d go along way lol 

What's wrong with doubleing up I would say 99% off boys have done it on here iam guilty of it daytime myself 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I allways thought, in a sporting scenario, that "doubled up" was testing dog against dog. Whereas "single handed" was testing dog against hare ?

Cheers.

Yes that's OK in a sporting match But I've two lurchers and walk fields most Boys have a couple of dogs hare gets up dogs are away that's what it all about and the dogs put hare up by themselves not walking on lead ? dogs must be able to fine hares for themselves But as I said before Each to there own sorry charts this isn't aimed at you just responding to that Double up dogs ? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

What's wrong with doubleing up I would say 99% off boys have done it on here iam guilty of it daytime myself 

The traditional set up of man and dog, one for the pot type would generally be on his own and one dog would do the job. Never doubled up in all my life with running dogs. The sense of satisfaction of running dogs on their own and pulling quarry on their own is what it's all about in my opinion. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Yes that's OK in a sporting match But I've two lurchers and walk fields most Boys have a couple of dogs hare gets up dogs are away that's what it all about and the dogs put hare up by themselves not walking on lead ? dogs must be able to fine hares for themselves But as I said before Each to there own sorry charts this isn't aimed at you just responding to that Double up dogs ? 

Don't get me wrong, that's why I especially said "in a sporting scenario". ?

Ive ran single, doubled, daytime, night time, in the snow, and if I want one for the pot I'll take them out the seat !

My point was that "doubled up", such as in the likes of the Waterloo Cup, is testing dog against dog, and killing the hare is almost immaterial ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

i’d happily explain you have shit dogs your running two a the fuckers and only killing about 10 percent of what you run ? 

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’d happily explain you have shit dogs your running two a the fuckers and only killing about 10 percent of what you run ? 

They might offer you a full time job touring the coursing clubs in Spain and Portugal telling them where they went wrong in life in a sporting way ? could even attend all the agm,s  give them all the info on slop running , 500 meter lamping , running dogs. All year round , and of course tik tok lol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 2
Just now, green lurchers said:

They might offer you a full time job touring the coursing clubs in Spain and Portugal telling them where they went wrong in life ?

you can’t educate pork gl i’ve tried with you mate and i’ll admit found it extremely challenging ? ? 

• Haha 1
Just now, Ferretman65 said:

So is it OK to run two dogs at rabbits just go on YouTube and you will.see lads out ferreting and two dogs at every rabbit that bolts . I've run hares most of my life with all sorts of Dogs f**k all special about a hare to me 

All three them hares were Double up that fawn bitch killed all three that morning along with the bitch with white head we done two different sides off the road that morning its wasn't that she couldn't killed them on her own the dogs off leads hunting them up that bitch was deadly at hares 

20210624_195646.jpg

20220220_153221.jpg

• Like 2