Jump to content

Pure beeds where would you be without them 👍


Recommended Posts

I am reading the book from Terence Clark about Salukis at the moment and in there he has some stunning pictures of smooth salukis. They look more like a salxgrey. Crossing something like that with a collie/kelpie would be really interesting to see. I would imagine that they would be fast enough for almost anything and would have stamina to spare.


I would love to go to the source and getting one of these smooths over here, since I really do not dig the feathering…

  • Like 2
Link to post

  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

I am reading the book from Terence Clark about Salukis at the moment and in there he has some stunning pictures of smooth salukis. They look more like a salxgrey. Crossing something like that with a collie/kelpie would be really interesting to see. I would imagine that they would be fast enough for almost anything and would have stamina to spare.


I would love to go to the source and getting one of these smooths over here, since I really do not dig the feathering…

blood from terrence clark and then smooths back in the coursing breds we have 

Link to post
36 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

I am reading the book from Terence Clark about Salukis at the moment and in there he has some stunning pictures of smooth salukis. They look more like a salxgrey. Crossing something like that with a collie/kelpie would be really interesting to see. I would imagine that they would be fast enough for almost anything and would have stamina to spare.


I would love to go to the source and getting one of these smooths over here, since I really do not dig the feathering…

Get one sent over if that's what you fancy👍🏼

Link to post
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

blood from terrence clark and then smooths back in the coursing breds we have 

Nice to hear, from what I hear to much inbreeding going on within the coursing breds, but thats personal preference.

I would rather go back to the source, if possible…

  • Like 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, dodger said:

Get one sent over if that's what you fancy👍🏼

Probably easier said than done…to be fair, so far I am just toying with the idea. So maybe it is easier than I think.

Edited by MagyarAgar
spelling
  • Like 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Nice to hear, from what I hear to much inbreeding going on within the coursing breds, but thats personal preference.

I would rather go back to the source, if possible…

the coursing breds are naturals mate very good killers the pures are good for an outcross but they want linebreeding there is that many lines from same family a dogs there a massive choice really 

Link to post

The Arabs have working dogs that are far from pure, lots of crossing in the past and present. Lot of galgos are taken over as they seem to improve their lines without giving many of the drawbacks of greyhounds re stamina and have a similar look.

these recently to Morocco which begs the question why they need to import if pures are that great.

118838990_279165332_1225769667954295_2798225302476291782_n(3).jpg.68a6b205e58aa11b492df319c84400cb.jpg

 

So if people want a dog to run rather than show perhaps import working rather than pedigree animals would be better. these are Arab working dogs, certainly not pure lol.

FB_IMG_1637150207513.jpg.c6e202b2cb2dcca0d12078d545f1d379.jpg

FB_IMG_1637270500206.jpg.29d85a406626643636c7ab0f01d02437.jpg

FB_IMG_1637320899815.jpg.13a43c2925d0a7a5387cbdcdca89976e.jpg

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

The Arabs have working dogs that are far from pure, lots of crossing in the past and present. Lot of galgos are taken over as they seem to improve their lines without giving many of the drawbacks of greyhounds re stamina and have a similar look.

these recently to Morocco which begs the question why they need to import if pures are that great.

118838990_279165332_1225769667954295_2798225302476291782_n(3).jpg.68a6b205e58aa11b492df319c84400cb.jpg

 

So if people want a dog to run rather than show perhaps import working rather than pedigree animals would be better. these are Arab working dogs, certainly not pure lol.

FB_IMG_1637150207513.jpg.c6e202b2cb2dcca0d12078d545f1d379.jpg

FB_IMG_1637270500206.jpg.29d85a406626643636c7ab0f01d02437.jpg

FB_IMG_1637320899815.jpg.13a43c2925d0a7a5387cbdcdca89976e.jpg

 

I didn't know that sandy interesting that n some fine well put together dogs in the photos👍🏼

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, MagyarAgar said:

Probably easier said than done…to be fair, so far I am just toying with the idea. So maybe it is easier than I think.

Hopefully the latter it's an interesting venture in any case good luck 

Link to post
4 hours ago, sandymere said:

The Arabs have working dogs that are far from pure, lots of crossing in the past and present. Lot of galgos are taken over as they seem to improve their lines without giving many of the drawbacks of greyhounds re stamina and have a similar look.

these recently to Morocco which begs the question why they need to import if pures are that great.

118838990_279165332_1225769667954295_2798225302476291782_n(3).jpg.68a6b205e58aa11b492df319c84400cb.jpg

 

So if people want a dog to run rather than show perhaps import working rather than pedigree animals would be better. these are Arab working dogs, certainly not pure lol.

FB_IMG_1637150207513.jpg.c6e202b2cb2dcca0d12078d545f1d379.jpg

FB_IMG_1637270500206.jpg.29d85a406626643636c7ab0f01d02437.jpg

FB_IMG_1637320899815.jpg.13a43c2925d0a7a5387cbdcdca89976e.jpg

 

Now you’ve rattled mc 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
13 hours ago, sandymere said:

The Arabs have working dogs that are far from pure, lots of crossing in the past and present. Lot of galgos are taken over as they seem to improve their lines without giving many of the drawbacks of greyhounds re stamina and have a similar look.

these recently to Morocco which begs the question why they need to import if pures are that great.

118838990_279165332_1225769667954295_2798225302476291782_n(3).jpg.68a6b205e58aa11b492df319c84400cb.jpg

 

So if people want a dog to run rather than show perhaps import working rather than pedigree animals would be better. these are Arab working dogs, certainly not pure lol.

FB_IMG_1637150207513.jpg.c6e202b2cb2dcca0d12078d545f1d379.jpg

FB_IMG_1637270500206.jpg.29d85a406626643636c7ab0f01d02437.jpg

FB_IMG_1637320899815.jpg.13a43c2925d0a7a5387cbdcdca89976e.jpg

 

Is Morocco prime Saluki country? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...