Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

47 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

I won a lot of matches with a nasty hound back in the day he had them beat before they were slipped if their owners had been aware they would have known he was growling them off the kill good post pal and again very very interesting ?

Had a dog similar years ago juck. He intimidated a lot of dogs ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juckler, did you ever see the Ruweiss Salukis run ? 

I know some of the coursing lads discount them as show dogs, but I know they are, in part, from genuine Middle East stock, and they have Tepe Garwa and Durak blood.

Hamad introduced me to Karen, and I know she brought at least one over from Bahrain, and her father imported some from Saudi.

I haven't spoken to her for well over ten years, but I'm sure she won't mind me putting up a couple of pics of one of her dogs that won both in the show ring and the coursing field; 

IMG_1240.JPG.0bfa112ab04fb22d9cc93813ee394181.JPG

IMG_1241.GIF.92b515d0ba60c64aaaf10386c1cafd79.GIF

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 5

Speed has been mentioned a bit, what has been folks quickest sharpest purebred sals? The early Kizzy Pharaoh bred dogs imo

Juckler did you have other UK blood before the Khan K P ones, what do you think?

20 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I know some of the coursing lads discount them as show dogs, but I know they are, in part, from genuine Middle East stock, and they have Tepe Garwa and Durak blood.

Hamad introduced me to Karen, and I know she brought at least one over from Bahrain, and her father imported some from Saudi.

I haven't spoken to her for well over ten years, but I'm sure she won't mind me putting up a couple of pics of one of her dogs that won both in the show ring and the coursing field; 

Cheers.

That is a beautiful looking animal.

• Like 1
On 06/06/2020 at 23:12, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Nice looking hounds mate

On 06/06/2020 at 09:47, Shadow100 said:

Think there’s a big difference in the dogs in the videos as well sandy, you never see any dogs in those foreign videos working a hare, boxing it away from a dyke, hedge etc. They seem to just run up their arse. The dogs in this country have adapted to work a hare not just chase after it, this maybe gives the impression that the hares over here aren’t as fast, but it could be that they’re not just in a flat out sprint all the way through the course like the ones in those videos are

Bare in mind that the dogs competing are generally young dogs with little experience. The argument being that it makes the coursing longer/better to watch which also makes you score more points (point system was imported from the UK, not 100% clear on how it works). Would love to see some of the coursing lurchers compete in Spain though and vice versa. 

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to run in UK weather as they run in quite a few places in Spain that regularly get to 0 degrees or below in winter

• Like 1
15 hours ago, callum104 said:

Bare in mind that the dogs competing are generally young dogs with little experience. The argument being that it makes the coursing longer/better to watch which also makes you score more points (point system was imported from the UK, not 100% clear on how it works). Would love to see some of the coursing lurchers compete in Spain though and vice versa. 

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to run in UK weather as they run in quite a few places in Spain that regularly get to 0 degrees or below in winter

they would run over here no probs, but if run the same will stay the same, I still doubt one would make the the grade over here for most lads though, skilful running is undesirable in double competitive coursing, so a trait not bred for, over there one would assume, we as single handed runners on the other hand, look for that in dogs to breed from.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Bred for a different reason than excitement. 

Once they get going though they look like they have some top end on them. 

I once read somewhere that a Saluki has been clocked at the highest speed in the dog world. 

I know that this isn't true but I wonder what the difference is in speed between a Saluki and a Greyhound. 

18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Once they get going though they look like they have some top end on them. 

I once read somewhere that a Saluki has been clocked at the highest speed in the dog world. 

I know that this isn't true but I wonder what the difference is in speed between a Saluki and a Greyhound. 

I am no way knocking them, I mean they have been bred for different reasons. Totally different cultures neither are wrong just different.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...