Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/01/2023 at 21:55, fireman said:

No coursing dog has ever been bred to kill hares,it's you lads that want them to kill hares that breed them to kill hares. Coursing and killing hares are totaly different sports..

One was a sport with respect and preservation in mind over many yrs “the truest of sportsmen dosnt set out to kill the hare “ quote from Arrian who set the guidelines of coursing as we knew it  , the other is no sport as killing is what’s required has been around for a few yrs over here the dogs coming from the Middle East where war and  killing is all they have done for many  yrs 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
54 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

To be fair, I do both;

if im out for sport, the hare gets fair law and the dog is run off a slip.

if I'm out for one for the pot and the dog runs free finding it's own hare, and if it's taken out of the seat, so be it.

Cheers.

In that case Hangings 2 good for you

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

To be fair, I do both;

if I'm out for one for the pot and the dog runs free finding it's own hare, and if it's taken out of the seat, so be it.

Cheers.

That silly old question Lurcher or Longdog? ... depends on what it is doing on the day.

11 hours ago, green lurchers said:

One was a sport with respect and preservation in mind over many yrs “the truest of sportsmen dosnt set out to kill the hare “ quote from Arrian who set the guidelines of coursing as we knew it  , the other is no sport as killing is what’s required has been around for a few yrs over here the dogs coming from the Middle East where war and  killing is all they have done for many  yrs 

you run whippets there suppose to be fast and use the mouth a lot snap dogs and they are unless you run hares were there massively overmatched i could run you with me dog double it with a whippet it would put more bends in then ya whippet and kill it 

i don’t double for that reason hares wouldn’t get away or even put 5 bends in with good fast clever dogs behind em 

single handed takes proper dogs if your missing doubling up there rabbit dogs 

7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

To be fair, I do both;

Cheers.

who goes out to not put stuff on the table or for dog food ? in what world does a poacher have a lurcher and it’s not to kill what you run ? 

working class for years has had a  lurcher to put food on the table that was the reason  for having a running dog ? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you run whippets there suppose to be fast and use the mouth a lot snap dogs and they are unless you run hares were there massively overmatched i could run you with me dog double it with a whippet it would put more bends in then ya whippet and kill it 

i don’t double for that reason hares wouldn’t get away or even put 5 bends in with good fast clever dogs behind em 

Your a legend in your own lifetime lol 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

who goes out to not put stuff on the table or for dog food ? in what world does a poacher have a lurcher and it’s not to kill what you run ? 

working class for years has had a  lurcher to put food on the table that was the reason  for having a running dog ? 

Ya dopey fkr they invented Mac Donald’s for working class like you ?

26 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You not been out much and seen much eh ?

8 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Ya dopey fkr they invented Mac Donald’s for working class like you ?

mcdonald’s was invented for retards running multiple dogs still catching f**k all ? good job it was or whippet owners be extinct by now ? 

• Haha 1