Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fireman said:

And that's why a dog is no good for filling a pot with hares for a hunter/gatherer type fella and other game is far easier to catch, that is why saluki's and all the other coursing dogs were bred for sport and not as pot fillers...A hare is to much of a animal to aim at with a dog just for a smallish dinner,has been and always will be and hence why coursing dogs were and are these days bred for sport.. The saluki x maybe the best there is but that's not anything to do with the history of coursing as such and killing hares is a different sort of coursing..

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

a good dog will catch a hare  90 percent a the time you go out mate 

me old lady and 4 sisters are hare every week in the 60s 70s 80s smallholding pigs turkeys goats on you didn’t need to buy meat that and good dogs seen you right mate 

Bump …. Back on track ? 

35 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

He can’t help you …. No one can help you … tell me …….have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight ? I have ?

Blood, I an I have stared into the eyes of the devil, and took his soul!!

I will fear no evil, for thy hast no fear within I an I soul!!

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

on its run mate...even on the fens there is still places you could put a snare...or of course many snares...on a lot of that land with dykes etc....there will be little crossings over the dykes just wide enough for a tractor....you will find runs on most of them....also going through set aside....and cover crop left for game birds...

there are chaps out there that are extremely proficient with the old wires....i dont fall in to that category but i can get by with them...   

100% correct young Sir?

Hares are pretty easy to take in wires,...to some,...its maybe not fair, its perhaps not kosher,.but as my old Trapping Master repeatedly said to me, "snares are deadly".. and Brothers,....he was nae kidding...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1