Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Do you think that,if the saluki had never been  brought over here...then it wouldn't have attracted the f***ing clowns,that threaten,steal act a cock in general and we may still have been able to spin a few???

There's been wrong 'uns in the lurcher game long before Salukis were even heard of.

The internet and phone cameras are far more to blame for the wrong 'uns being more prominent than the type of dog ?

Cheers.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

There's been wrong 'uns in the lurcher game long before Salukis were even heard of.

The internet and phone cameras are far more to blame for the wrong 'uns being more prominent than the type of dog ?

Cheers.

The damage was done long before the internet made an appearance,let's be honest,the internet has helped the fame seekers and glory hunters and accelerated the downfall of what we all enjoyed?Every man is responsible for their own actions,even more so these days because everyone is watching us .Then you got the folks looking for a pat on the back,the right to peddle their wares or some likes on YouTube ...obviously means more to some than others...if you move in certain circles,you don't last long in this game.... problem then is they move on to something else to get their kicks..then the decent ones are tarred with the cnut brush..maybe if the dogs weren't so easy to obtain and sold to any mong with cash on the hip... we wouldn't be in this mess?same goes for the earthdogs?

On 19/05/2022 at 18:24, dodger said:

I didn't know that sandy interesting that n some fine well put together dogs in the photos??

Again in S/America they use crosses, galgos and salukis,

WWW.(!64.56:886

La banda del humo. 17,930 likes · 2,504 talking about this. LOS MEJORES GALGOS DEL MUNDO . SOLOS

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

stop 90 percent of what I'm slipped on you need a poster a me on ya wall ? 

proof of the pudding, the man in action, mind looks like a leveret but fair do's on his strike..

https://club-caza.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Vídeo-1-1.mp4

Though not sure about his running em in the snow...

https://club-caza.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Vídeo-2.mp4

Edited by sandymere
  • Haha 1

DC don’t know how to paste what you just said but are descent Lurchers whatever the type not placed instead of sold?seems to keep the descent terriers where they should be despite the obvious merry go round of dogs sold ,not a working dog breed that hasn’t been affected by money,here what your saying about the bad press knock on as well, but I like to think that no matter what working dog breed there will always be a core of dogs that will always and should be out of reach for shall we say daydreamers even the ones with right intentions still daydreaming ….you can’t outlaw a plant…and you can’t outlaw a man with a passion for his dog …..anyway back to me daydreaming ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JMc said:

DC don’t know how to paste what you just said but are descent Lurchers whatever the type not placed instead of sold?seems to keep the descent terriers where they should be despite the obvious merry go round of dogs sold ,not a working dog breed that hasn’t been affected by money,here what your saying about the bad press knock on as well, but I like to think that no matter what working dog breed there will always be a core of dogs that will always and should be out of reach for shall we say daydreamers even the ones with right intentions still daydreaming ….you can’t outlaw a plant…and you can’t outlaw a man with a passion for his dog …..anyway back to me daydreaming ?

Will always be a few who's stuff you will never get,not for any price,but let's be honest,for everyone like that...there's a few hundred wankers driven purely for the coin...?1861567277_2016-02-2120_52_29.jpg.1e0da7b2169fb5f58e29e03a0d56e376.jpg

• Like 6
  • 4 months later...

I had not seen a Borzoi in the flesh for many a year until today and in the most unlikely of places. Was driving through the housing estate that I grew up on and spotted one being walked. This place is what I suppose these days would be described as an under privileged area but not when I lived there, everyone was just skint. Does look a bit grim now though due in equal measure to many of the residents taking no pride in looking after own residences and the council not doing their part. Added to that it was dirty overcast day.

Then I saw this dog coming towards me. Must have been at least 29" TTS. Typical Borzoi markings, tri-colour head, tan side saddle and the rest brilliant white with a slightly feathered coat. Looked like a Daz advert. A bit too animated in its movement. Probably due to an upright shoulder and too straight stifles, the kind of poor movement bred into show dogs to catch a judges eye. But it looked magnificent and with what little light available seeming to hone in on it.

There was no traffic in front or behind and I slowed right down, possibly not a wise thing to do, but the lad walking it realised that my focus was on appreciating his dog and he smiled and puffed his chest out and luckily did not confuse me with a dog thief. 

• Like 2