Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

10 minutes ago, Gene said:

I wonder why you don't see them over here then mate, if they are indeed fast enough then it would be a no brainer, the stamina benefits would be off the charts.

Its easier to get a greyhound

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, dodger said:

Yes rich that's right.. 

How about pure salukis mate, when you've been to the middle east did you see any of the racing as it's huge there now isn't it n big money, did you see any difference in smoothes n feathered as regards to performance, seems to be more smooths than feathered on the clips that iv seen? Or is that just coincidence due the region thing. 

I had pure Salukis when I lived there, but never seen any of the racing.

We flew loads of gazelle "droppers" in from Africa for them to course but sadly never got invited.

A friend of my daughter, Sheik Hamad Guhnaim, of " Hounds of Arabia" fame, invited me to his kennels in Abu Dhabi and his Falconry Mews in Dubai, and he had a mixture of smooth and feathered and I asked him which he preferred, he said coat or colour didn't matter, it was breeding and performance that counted.

In reply to Gene, as I said, I never seen any racing, but I know some owners bred Greyhound into the saluki racers to increase speed, but there was a massive pushback and they brought in DNA testing to make sure it was only pure bred Salukis that raced, but I don't know how successful it was .

As they say "money talks" and there's an awful lot of money out there ! ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gene said:

What breeding was the sire pal?

You have coursing bred X greyhound now?

The dam was a working bull to  Wilburs star n the sire off slinky x candy. 

I have a saluki lurcher now plenty blondie in him Alan bred both parents n I have a non ped to a splodge fettle art banksey dog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I had pure Salukis when I lived there, but never seen any of the racing.

We flew loads of gazelle "droppers" in from Africa for them to course but sadly never got invited.

A friend of my daughter, Sheik Hamad Guhnaim, of " Hounds of Arabia" fame, invited me to his kennels in Abu Dhabi and his Falconry Mews in Dubai, and he had a mixture of smooth and feathered and I asked him which he preferred, he said coat or colour didn't matter, it was breeding and performance that counted.

In reply to Gene, as I said, I never seen any racing, but I know some owners bred Greyhound into the saluki racers to increase speed, but there was a massive pushback and they brought in DNA testing to make sure it was only pure bred Salukis that raced, but I don't know how successful it was .

As they say "money talks" and there's an awful lot of money out there ! ?

Cheers.

Good post n what a good experience that must of been I bet they was in good order do the dogs have there own chef lol

5 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good post n what a good experience that must of been I bet they was in good order do the dogs have there own chef lol

Yes they do ! 

He owns a hotel near the Palms and his chefs from the hotel and kennels take turns cooking in a five star hotel and his kennels ! ? !

IMG_0376.JPG.b284bbad695e5ae2edbdce5c10f123d8.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG.b507281df7273dd0075df9c935b3a07e.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG.207dab591e3cf28e0cb8ffaf24766551.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, dodger said:

The dam was a working bull to  Wilburs star n the sire off slinky x candy. 

I have a saluki lurcher now plenty blondie in him Alan bred both parents n I have a non ped to a splodge fettle art banksey dog

I had a bitch off slinky x candy wouldn't mind it now

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes they do ! 

He owns a hotel near the Palms and his chefs from the hotel and kennels take turns cooking in a five star hotel and his kennels ! ? !

Cheers.

you get your daughter in to hunting chart ? 

26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes they do ! 

Cheers.

That's mad lol I'd of definitely of liked to of seen them Makin up there grub, what do they feed them no kibble I bet.. 

1 minute ago, dodger said:

That's mad lol I'd of definitely of liked to of seen them Makin up there grub, what do they feed them no kibble I bet.. 

Seemed to be mainly chicken and rice....just like the Saudis eat ! 

Cheers.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dodger said:

I'm surprised saluki are not popular in Australia I spent some time out there n land to die for with plenty of hares, bumper into plenty pig but coursing lads in sight 

I've been to Oz a few times, and one time I asked on Ozziedoggers, ( a hunting site, not a perverts site !?!), if anyone would like to take an old cantankerous, pommy out hunting. I was inundated with offers and went down there for three months during our summer, their winter, and went hunting with some top lads.

It was all foxes, they weren't interested in hares. Had a great time with lurcher lads, Terrier lads and mounted fox hunts.

IMG_0082.JPG.fa6b00cc2a7b0072a1f6675fa250f401.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG.abf555774c69cd79ba47fc9b477ab562.JPGIMG_0178.JPG.821240c7283a971364547a92593e5035.JPGIMG_0245.JPG.8675767e36f36f4232ca14f0eea382c0.JPG

And a pair of whippets for mC and GL ! ?

IMG_0271.JPG.dfd98f91329b6f441fb289bdd02c9b86.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've been to Oz a few times, and one time I asked on Ozziedoggers, ( a hunting site, not a perverts site !?!), if anyone would like to take an old cantankerous, pommy out hunting. I was inundated with offers and went down there for three months during our summer, their winter, and went hunting with some top lads.

It was all foxes, they weren't interested in hares. Had a great time with lurcher lads, Terrier lads and mounted fox hunts.

IMG_0082.JPG.fa6b00cc2a7b0072a1f6675fa250f401.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG.abf555774c69cd79ba47fc9b477ab562.JPGIMG_0178.JPG.821240c7283a971364547a92593e5035.JPGIMG_0245.JPG.8675767e36f36f4232ca14f0eea382c0.JPG

And a pair of whippets for mC and GL ! ?

IMG_0271.JPG.dfd98f91329b6f441fb289bdd02c9b86.JPG

Cheers.

Brilliant charts thanks for sharing what's next on the bucket list galgos in Spain take your own dog to Portugal ??

1 minute ago, dodger said:

Brilliant charts thanks for sharing what's next on the bucket list galgos in Spain take your own dog to Portugal ??

No mate, I'm a home bird these days, but I'm a bit jealous of my missus who went north of the Arctic circle and did a bit of husky mushing, I'd like to have a go at that; She still likes to travel, but I can't be bothered with the hassle, I've done more travel than most could dream of !IMG_1295.JPG.19636c6eaccb6abbdd9d3510e1548323.JPG

I spoke to an old pal of mine today, who took me out a few years ago to run some different quarry with the old deer x, and we might have a day or night out next season to test this big pup I've got now. 

We'll see, but I'm 70 now, and although the spirit may be willing, the heart may be weak ! ? ! But I'm not ready to hang up the slip yet ?

Cheers.

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No mate, I'm a home bird these days, but I'm a bit jealous of my missus who went north of the Arctic circle and did a bit of husky mushing, I'd like to have a go at that; She still likes to travel, but I can't be bothered with the hassle, I've done more travel than most could dream of !IMG_1295.JPG.19636c6eaccb6abbdd9d3510e1548323.JPG

I spoke to an old pal of mine today, who took me out a few years ago to run some different quarry with the old deer x, and we might have a day or night out next season to test this big pup I've got now. 

We'll see, but I'm 70 now, and although the spirit may be willing, the heart may be weak ! ? ! But I'm not ready to hang up the slip yet ?

Cheers.

Bet she loved that 

Keep on keeping on mate you know more than most that regardless of age were only here once n never know what tomorrow brings

• Like 3