Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

5 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good interesting post thanks, I have a bitch with a non ped called sky warrior in her breeding would you happen to of heard of him or have Pic maybe. 

Hope you have some fun with the deerhound greyhound this season is she bred from platts

Yes mate, I was talking to Sky Warriors owner a few months back at an open race at Wallsend Rising Sun.

Hes one of the few dogs that could run under 8 seconds for 150 yards, extremely fast, and just the type of scratch dog I mentioned as being the type of stud for my bitch.

Is your pup out of Max's Fettle bred bitch ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Before the English Channel was formed, European brown hares were here.  ?

Your given away your age shaaark lol ? they say the rabbit was here too and didn't make it through the ice age how knows 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes mate, I was talking to Sky Warriors owner a few months back at an open race at Wallsend Rising Sun.

Hes one of the few dogs that could run under 8 seconds for 150 yards, extremely fast, and just the type of scratch dog I mentioned as being the type of stud for my bitch.

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good interesting post thanks, I have a bitch with a non ped called sky warrior in her breeding would you happen to of heard of him or have Pic maybe. 

Hope you have some fun with the deerhound greyhound this season is she bred from platts

No mate she's not from Platt.

Her sire is my mates deerhound that has a lot of Doxhope blood, and her dam is an Irish coursing Greyhound bitch sired by Mafi Majic, the Irish coursing champion, that a pal sent over for the breeding.

Cheers.

26 minutes ago, Gene said:

Does anyone know of any people that have used saluki alone as a base for a lurcher, I've never seen saluki/collie, saluki/bull, saluki/bedlington, etc.

Had a sa!uki get to a bitch gsd, they where a lot faster than the gsd x greyhound or deerhound x greryhound crosses ive seen.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Yes rich that's right.. 

How about pure salukis mate, when you've been to the middle east did you see any of the racing as it's huge there now isn't it n big money, did you see any difference in smoothes n feathered as regards to performance, seems to be more smooths than feathered on the clips that iv seen? Or is that just coincidence due the region thing. 

12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No mate she's not from Platt.

Her sire is my mates deerhound that has a lot of Doxhope blood, and her dam is an Irish coursing Greyhound bitch sired by Mafi Majic, the Irish coursing champion, that a pal sent over for the breeding.

Cheers.

Sounds like she's from good stuff nice to know that there is still some good stuff out there

4 minutes ago, Gene said:

I wonder why you don't see them over here then mate, if they are indeed fast enough then it would be a no brainer, the stamina benefits would be off the charts.

Iv seen a few pure salukis that just couldn't cut it on proper hares but iv seen 3 that could and did do guddens all through winter n one of these was bought by the Arabs at 22 month old for 20 grand they wanted her for racing. 

4 minutes ago, Gene said:

I wonder why you don't see them over here then mate, if they are indeed fast enough then it would be a no brainer, the stamina benefits would be off the charts.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gene said:

Charts will correct me but I'm sure over there they have now started using greyhounds for the shorter races and they use salukis for the lung busters.

Yeh he would know pal iv never been to the middle east I'd like to one day tho. 

34 minutes ago, Gene said:

Really mate, did you see it work, was it much of a runner?

I had her from a pup and she was with me until she died as an old lady we went to the moon n back together she was bomb proof with a big big engine 

• Like 1