Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Daytime running??

Jigsaw not going to tell any lies here yes it was on the lamp that was 1989 I think and all flat out lamping then now can't take it away from this we bitch she was deadly on them and she did kill plenty day time too that we bitch died on me 7 years old as I say lads that was back in the old days 

• Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JMc said:

Read on here someone saying they would rather pick a Whippet out of racing lines(high prey drive) than working lines,words to that affect….any other opinions on that?

Each to there own right if you.were out with a whippet ferreting or lamping and it was smasher But it couldn't win a race witch would you breed from the worker or the racing one I know which on I would breed from hope that answers that ? lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JMc said:

Read on here someone saying they would rather pick a Whippet out of racing lines(high prey drive) than working lines,words to that affect….any other opinions on that?

Now this is just my opinion, and others may disagree, but I think racing bred whippets are faster than working bred, but lack the stamina of the working type.

Ive seen working types lamp rabbits all night, but the racing types seem to tire a lot quicker.

I used racing types for daytime hare and lamping, but they were the non-ped type, not pedigree whippets.

Cheers.

• Like 3

There's a bitch Bred out off a greyhound that couldn't even make it on the track it was useless but the greyhound took to hunting like a duck to water that picture was took end off October many years ago I know people's going to say they were soft out of season But them days we hunted hares from September onwards and they were day time hare's 

20200205_104224.jpg

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, JMc said:

Cheers Chartpolski,working lines more robust would you say,racing line more refined,or not much difference?

I think the lines may be getting a bit blurred now, with racers and workers being crossed, so maybe not so much difference these days ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

there’s never been a whippet deadly on english hares daytime mate ?

Mchull watt is a English hare not knocking you here the only native hare to England in the mountain hare if iam right could be wrong here brown hares were brought in 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ferretman65 said:

Mchull watt is a English hare not knocking you here the only native hare to England in the mountain hare if iam right could be wrong here brown hares were brought in 

Oh it's a mythical beast wi a heart the size of a steers ,an the can turn into witches ?‍♀️ u know 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Gene said:

I think you're talking nonsense there, how can you say heavily saturated greyhound will only catch hares once in a blue moon, what utter rubbish.

try it gene 

and then let me know how you get on ? 

8 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

your correct mate i should of said the brown hare