Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Nice little clip here of the Galgo coursing. 

I believe that's the Iberian Hare they're running here? Those Hares are flying, the dogs are doing all they can to come to terms with them. 

They run saplings with their dam or other older dogs to learn the ropes but each to their own.

They Spanish believe the Iberian hare is faster than the brown and is a better test for a dog, they have both Iberian and brown so opportunity to compare. One rather disdainfully said the brown run like cats lol. I reckon a bit of local pride involved but it must be said they run both and the Iberian do seem to get up and go from the seat, even with the long law they give they don't hang around waiting for the dogs.

Edited by sandymere

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, sandymere said:

They run saplings with their dam or other older dogs to learn the ropes but each to their own.

They Spanish believe the Iberian hare is faster than the brown and is a better test for a dog, they have both Iberian and brown so opportunity to compare. One rather disdainfully said the brown run like cats lol. I reckon a bit of local pride involved but it must be said they run both and the Iberian do seem to get up and go from the seat, even with the long law they give they don't hang around waiting for the dogs.

I'm not 100% sure it is that species but the ears do look bigger in proportion to the Brown Hare so I think it is. 

They looked a little smaller as well, they were shifting I'll give them that. 

Like summer hunting here with pups dogs always going to struggle to hold there self on turn when it’s that dry I wouldn’t a thought the brown hare there would be as fit and sharp as they are here when it get cold here they be a lot less body fat on them 

• Like 1

Not my cup of tea pal anyone slipping more than one hound is no friend of mine if this is what floats your boat you need to run more singlehanded  they have no control and to be fair never will whilst run by folk that like this sort of thing  ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

If they know what a hound is bless ya bud ?

58 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Like summer hunting here with pups dogs always going to struggle to hold there self on turn when it’s that dry I wouldn’t a thought the brown hare there would be as fit and sharp as they are here when it get cold here they be a lot less body fat on them 

My argument every time pal a good brown fed on best veg takes some beating imho 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sandymere said:

I've seen them librarian hares in Portugal the can run abit

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Black neck said:

I've seen them librarian hares in Portugal the can run abit

Have any ever been brought over here does anyone know of, can’t see why they wouldn’t take to our climate?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

They are Iberian Hares, I asked the bloke who's YouTube channel it is. I don't know if it's just because it's harder ground but they look like lightning compared to our Brown Hare. 

Hares can shift on dry ground, I remember some hares years ago on fields that were grown for turf that looked like they'd outrun a bullet never mind any breed or cross of dog

• Like 4