Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

Laddie the tale I have been told a good few times was Jeff Smith's Wolfie to a whippet grew don't know if that's the truth but for matching the accident would get you more takers ?

12107942_10205242543930972_5330006926958259695_n.jpg

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Laddie the tale I have been told a good few times was Jeff Smith's Wolfie to a whippet grew don't know if that's the truth but for matching the accident would get you more takers ?

12107942_10205242543930972_5330006926958259695_n.jpg

Cracking coat on that...... 

How much did it cost you?, ?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Like the look of the bottom one. Very tidy. 

The same bitch Allan... 4/5 months to 3 Yr old... Lad who had the dog is on here... Maybe he will post a few pics.... His dog was the Spit of these wooly coursing types you see when it was a pup..... Probably less than 1/8 saluki in them.. Rest is greyhound, beddy, bull, wheaton, foxhound and drop of collie, bitch and dog both made 26/27tts?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Foxhound x I bred... Both pups could be mistaken for being heavily coursing bred as they got older imo.. IMG-20200510-WA0000.jpg.8572168b85a9a65463c3da5873a29908.jpg20170429_131402.jpg.074189faf28dbb3048903a0bab15eb41.jpg

Like the look of them two Daniel bet you could get plenty of work out of them with no worry of stamina n stiffness 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

The same bitch Allan... 4/5 months to 3 Yr old... Lad who had the dog is on here... Maybe he will post a few pics.... His dog was the Spit of these wooly coursing types you see when it was a pup..... Probably less than 1/8 saluki in them.. Rest is greyhound, beddy, bull, wheaton, foxhound and drop of collie, bitch and dog both made 26/27tts?

I’m swaying towards something with Saluki or possibly fox hound for my next dog. With me being away for 3 weeks at a time even though the wife walks and jogs the dog whilst I’m away the fitness obviously drops. My thinking is and I’m probably miles off the Saluki or Foxhound would naturally hold a bit more stamina. Probably just wishful thinking, but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Allan P said:

I’m swaying towards something with Saluki or possibly fox hound for my next dog. With me being away for 3 weeks at a time even though the wife walks and jogs the dog whilst I’m away the fitness obviously drops. My thinking is and I’m probably miles off the Saluki or Foxhound would naturally hold a bit more stamina. Probably just wishful thinking, but you never know. 

Maybe get a running mill? ... Easier for the wife in the long run, she can keep it at peak condition then??

18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Maybe get a running mill? ... Easier for the wife in the long run, she can keep it at peak condition then??

Not a bad shout, or just quit?

Edited by Allan P
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Foxhound x I bred... Both pups could be mistaken for being heavily coursing bred as they got older imo.. IMG-20200510-WA0000.jpg.8572168b85a9a65463c3da5873a29908.jpg20170429_131402.jpg.074189faf28dbb3048903a0bab15eb41.jpg

How did you rate them? Like the look of them, bottom one has as good a set of feet as you’d ever see on a dog

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

How did you rate them? Like the look of them, bottom one has as good a set of feet as you’d ever see on a dog

Same bitch in both pics...Mrs wasn't happy with me at the time,  gave her to farmer friends as a pup? .... It goes off and does its own thing lol, never had a lead round its neck, lives on a sheep farm. Its run and followed the girls when out horse riding from a pup, serious miles daily tbf.. Shame she had an infection and they spayed her young.. I'd of loved to try a pup from her. Her brother made a decent animal from what I hear.... I will get down and see him with my own eyes this season?

7 hours ago, Allan P said:

Cardio fitness takes development followed by constant maintenance regardless of breed, there's no shortcuts, I've known of lads fooling themselves of running a dog fit, but it's not the way, obviously work can bring the peak, but you want the dog in the best condition you can get them for when the season starts

• Like 2