Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

13 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Are these gazelles they run held in captivity though or are they running wild ones? 

These were wild. Most seem to be pets now

20 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Replace the horse with a 4x4, the gazelle with a fallow buck or red stag & the dogs with big bull crosses, it happens here all the time

Yep but they take the pics single...

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

These were wild. Most seem to be pets now

Yep but they take the pics single...

I've just watched a course that lasted 6 mins, I don't know if the thing was double dogged but at one point it looked like the Gazelle had left the dogs. 

Some animal. 

• Like 1

I would love to see someone run their best dogs on the Pronghorn, if what they say is true about them then they would leave a dog standing. 

I'm surprised it hasn't been tried, forget the Brown Hare or a Gazelle, these things can motor on for miles. 

This is the only clip I can see of a dog on one. 

Edited by Greb147

Some them kickups do ok i find sometimes slipping on distant hares the hares bit more relaxed n that dog gets close before hare relises whats happening best run i seen winter just gone jumped up under dogs nose seen same dog kill soft hares in couple bends. 

Theres no rhyme or reason to hares just get out all winter long youll get shit average and decent ones i know a stretch of land the top bit of this lamds are some of the softest about they just go over in seconds you could make a dog look a champ go down the bottom off this same stretch of ground there a much better hare and dog needs to use every trick in the book to outclass him ?‍♂️ Its this sort of stuff makes it worth travelling and trying different places

• Like 1
15 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

I know the topic is Pure Bred's but it's also coursing orientated .

Juck - Two Crows - anyone .

Does anyone really know the breeding behind Laddie The  Accident ?

The pic Iv seen of him and the pic of dare I say it a Minshaw tagged dog called Traveller I think it was looked very alike.

Maybe them Early Minshaw s had a splash of saluki blood which gave them their stamina ?

if someone has them or can find them pics of Laddie and Traveller pop them up together and see if anyone else thinks they look alike ?

Max, without wanting to turn this into another 'M' word thred. Both those dogs you mention do have a kind of 'look' and i seen Traveller a few times and his belly brother Obo many more.

The rumour back then was that 'M' dogs had a splash of fell hound blood in em. Gave em that drop eared look and they did have a stamp back then, gave em that stamina too it was said.

I dont believe coursing blood was ever mentioned but with Vic's breeding, who knows... ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Max, without wanting to turn this into another 'M' word thred. Both those dogs you mention do have a kind of 'look' and i seen Traveller a few times and his belly brother Obo many more.

The rumour back then was that 'M' dogs had a splash of fell hound blood in em. Gave em that drop eared look and they did have a stamp back then, gave em that stamina too it was said.

I dont believe coursing blood was ever mentioned but with Vic's breeding, who knows... ?‍♂️

I heard fox hound as well as Weimaraner mentioned but who knows..

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I would love to see someone run their best dogs on the Pronghorn, if what they say is true about them then they would leave a dog standing. 

I'm surprised it hasn't been tried, forget the Brown Hare or a Gazelle, these things can motor on for miles. 

Shame the clip ended but think that bloke needs a plan b lol

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, juckler123 said:

Again pal proper history Dawn's owner lives near me but doesn't keep a runner now and that's only pic I've ever seen of Blue old Alwyn was always miffed that Jeff got his name on Blue and was never known as Alwyn's Blue ?

whats the name of dawns owner juckler and who bred blue do you know mate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I think that dog made it look a lot faster ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Pete Turner pal I don't know who bred blue think he was bought out of exchange and mart Alwyn did a lot of buying and selling ?

Meant to be a 1st x, brother to Mac's original Sal

• Like 1