Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

42 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

I got no pics of Queeny tother was Tolney lane dog owned by Hughie that went to most bitches I ever saw a dog go across bless him ?

Spewers was run all over lincs and Cambridgeshire was a fiver a dog to enter and poaching of course I was into bigger things back then but knew of lads out running it I used to meet the lad that owned ringo who won it three times on a patch I did for sport quality bitch ?

994707_10201430797119684_873914007_n.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Was there many early bull greys or bull whippet litters You can remember Jucks see the bull x as more recent type a running dog but lads back then was running them

No there wasn't MC I fetched a pup in seventies that was out a bull greyhound most back then was bull whippet types .

During the early Nineties was first I saw of pit bull x hounds and I will be fair the lads I knew in Doncaster that were doing what we all hate driving the land ???

Had 3/4 Pit Grey's that imho were too much for eatable quarry and smashed up to easily but they also bred F1 pit grey to pure Saluki I'd be well wrong if I said it didn't work for hare it did a million percent but they never carried em on most of them.that owned them liked the raves too much and the hounds got forgot about ?

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Not saying that but I thought you said he was put in to the pures at some point? 

Don't quote me on that I think I see he has in a certain persons line of pures it's just speculation but If I'm right it wouldn't put me off ??

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Was to Ringo sister to Gypsey eves dam Jucks how was they bred mate 

Yes she was pal 

Saluki Grey Alwyn's Blue that got known as Jeff Smith's Blue put across  Dawn who was out of the rocket (Saluki grey x collie grey )

To Dudley's deerhound lurcher ?

• Like 1

I know people seem to get a bit funny when talking about foreign blood and im definitely no expert. But I can tell you that here in Spain the galgos are all worker to worker and they get a fair bit of work as its all legal over here. Obviously there's the coursing events but they've always been used as pot fillers too.

My galgo is male, 1y 3 months old, around 26" tts and weighs about 26kg. Compared to my whippet he already has a lot more stamina but is not as explosive. Has much better feet too (pads like leather) and as soon as the ground isn't flat/even he is much quicker than my whippet. Still a bit clumsy and very immature though so got some developing to do. 

Will post a few pics in a few days when my new phone arrives but for now will put a pic of his dam who is from coursing lines. She hasn't actually competed herself but is worked outside of competition. His sire, grandsires etc have all competed. 

Another spanish group of breeds that i think are very interesting are podencos. There are various types: ibicenco which is more of a sighthound. Andaluz, which is much smaller and more of a hybrid and maneto which is more of a terrier type dog. They hunt in a very specific way bred for rocky terrain/brambles etc to flush then chase.

Its also pretty common to have galgos crossed with greyhounds with various degrees of greyhound blood for racing over here which they refer to as "galgos cruzados".

At the end of the day I don't think there is a singular best breed as they're all bred for different quarry/terrain etc.

As I said i'm no expert, this will be my first season properly going for it but I've always been interested. A big learning experience for me and the dog I hope.

1591102330216_IMG-20190604-WA0033.jpg

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, callum104 said:

I know people seem to get a bit funny when talking about foreign blood and im definitely no expert. But I can tell you that here in Spain the galgos are all worker to worker and they get a fair bit of work as its all legal over here. Obviously there's the coursing events but they've always been used as pot fillers too.

My galgo is male, 1y 3 months old, around 26" tts and weighs about 26kg. Compared to my whippet he already has a lot more stamina but is not as explosive. Has much better feet too (pads like leather) and as soon as the ground isn't flat/even he is much quicker than my whippet. Still a bit clumsy and very immature though so got some developing to do. 

Will post a few pics in a few days when my new phone arrives but for now will put a pic of his dam who is from coursing lines. She hasn't actually competed herself but is worked outside of competition. His sire, grandsires etc have all competed. 

Another spanish group of breeds that i think are very interesting are podencos. There are various types: ibicenco which is more of a sighthound. Andaluz, which is much smaller and more of a hybrid and maneto which is more of a terrier type dog. They hunt in a very specific way bred for rocky terrain/brambles etc to flush then chase.

Its also pretty common to have galgos crossed with greyhounds with various degrees of greyhound blood for racing over here which they refer to as "galgos cruzados".

At the end of the day I don't think there is a singular best breed as they're all bred for different quarry/terrain etc.

As I said i'm no expert, this will be my first season properly going for it but I've always been interested. A big learning experience for me and the dog I hope.

It's not just foreign blood people get funny on here about mate. Half the time you're in danger of being burnt at the stake as a heretic, just for having a different opinion to someone else  ?. ................ joke fellas :ninja:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, callum104 said:

I've found them slow to mature but worth the wait?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, juckler123 said:

Yes she was pal 

Saluki Grey Alwyn's Blue that got known as Jeff Smith's Blue put across  Dawn who was out of the rocket (Saluki grey x collie grey )

To Dudley's deerhound lurcher ?

I saw a pic of dawn on here, looks tiny don't look like that cross at all.