Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

Ballyregan Bob was put over angie Tepe gawra saluki I think out a that litter a dog called beanie got put to swoop direct merlin eve good producer that’s how cualdfields joe was bred 
From what I heard read he had a similar style to swoop lucky was was out of joe and a bitch called seal 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Ballyregan Bob was put over angie Tepe gawra saluki I think out a that litter a dog called beanie got put to swoop direct merlin eve good producer that’s how cualdfields joe was bred 
From what I heard read he had a similar style to swoop lucky was was out of joe and a bitch called seal 

how was seal bred mac

2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I like the idea of lurcher back to a good greyhound, a lot of people disregard it & say they’re injury prone but how many have actually witnessed it first hand, most will just have seen it written on here or heard a mate say it then repeat it as if it’s fact.

A lot of lurchers I’ve seen in the past few years lack urgency, happy just to cruise up to something as if they've got all day and before you know it, it’s made a wood. An outcross to a greyhound would fix that problem, it might have its downsides but so does every breed so it’s definitely worth a go in my book.

After all without the greyhound blood what would we have? Empty freezers.

I had a good solid first cross bitch that I bred, I put her to a greyhound they were awful, I put her to saluki fred and got dogs that could kill any ware, and fast sorts like mother.

6 hours ago, two crows said:

I had a good solid first cross bitch that I bred, I put her to a greyhound they were awful, I put her to saluki fred and got dogs that could kill any ware, and fast sorts like mother.

It won’t work every time going back to the greyhound, but it doesn’t work every time going back to the saluki either so I suppose it’s just what clicks with the bitch. Only way to find out is try both like you did 

9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Did a lad called Darren G own that Teoe Gwara Bitch MC ?

He used to be a member on this site max...he might still be on here...he did end up getting in to the whippets 

1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

It won’t work every time going back to the greyhound, but it doesn’t work every time going back to the saluki either so I suppose it’s just what clicks with the bitch. Only way to find out is try both like you did 

I genuinely believe that putting greyhound back to coursing dogs should be avoided, now in a lurcher situation IE collie type it works, or seems to, it evens things out, and the non running dog balances  the recklessness of the greyhound, just my take on it nothing more, breeding a litter is a big deal and we must use all info at our disposal to get it as right as possible for the pups sake.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, two crows said:

I genuinely believe that putting greyhound back to coursing dogs should be avoided, now in a lurcher situation IE collie type it works, or seems to, it evens things out, and the non running dog balances  the recklessness of the greyhound, just my take on it nothing more, breeding a litter is a big deal and we must use all info at our disposal to get it as right as possible for the pups sake.

A lot of the coursing dogs/bitches I’ve seen, even the ones out of fast lines, I felt could benefit from an extra gear, I know they’re not bred for medium/small fields but the way things are now you really need a dog that can adapt, best looking types I’ve seen for fields are heavily saluki influenced lurchers, but back to a whippet x greyhound or similar, think that’s a good way to go to get an all round hare killer they’ll maybe lack a bit for fen but for a dog to take anywhere it’s a mixture 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Seen and owned quite a few lurchers over the years bred from a lurcher back to greyhound and don't know if it was just coincidence the better ones was when the greyhound sire was the part in the breeding.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, two crows said:

I’m same two crow I wouldn’t go back to a grey been there good killers but you start loosing brain and getting to much speed better linebred with the odd outcross to a saluki there’s older men with a lot more experience think that’s the way aswell and you learn as you get older to listen to your elders lol

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Two Crows you wouldn't of had that initial good solid first cross without the greyhound blood ?

true max, but we all know where the coursing ability comes from in what we have.

• Haha 1

I’d rather a slower dog can read land with a good coursing brain Rather then a pusher You go back to a grey they be good killers snipe plenty but haven’t the brain patience for the real good ones 

the grey today are different to 50 year ago They was big solid dogs now the more to sprinting 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I’m same two crow I wouldn’t go back to a grey been there good killers but you start loosing brain and getting to much speed better linebred with the odd outcross to a saluki there’s older men with a lot more experience think that’s the way aswell and you learn as you get older to listen to your elders lol

the trouble is mac I did  these things, and learned the hard way, but they still think your trying to criticise THAIRE ideas not trying to help.

• Like 4