Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I assume he's talking running hares daytime.

Well why not just say that to make it clear. Not just another saluki v coursing dog thread? 

No disrespect to juckler  but should've made it clearer

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Whippets. Atb

How many whippets can kill a hare regular lol try getting a whippet and running hares the rag and bone man never be without a new dog lol you’d be giving him a new one every time you went out lol

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, sandymere said:

FB_IMG_1588405135929.jpg.dea26c0155bc4bbd86284ef690abdd34.jpgAnd hares

That's a stunner I'd love to see what they'd be like over here but not sure how they would handle tricky snaggy wirey land with there style, Sandy? I don't know anyone else that has them over here.

Do you have many injures with them on that type of land sandy or do mainly run arable land..

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

How many whippets can kill a hare regular lol try getting a whippet and running hares the rag and bone man never be without a new dog lol you’d be giving him a new one every time you went out lol

Just killing hares was not the question

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

All my whippets killed plenty of hares. Coursing 'fair law' wasn't mentioned

• Like 4

obviously we are talking brown hares here in the uk pre ban, there is only one pure that has been any ware near able to do this with any sort of consistency, but if we are honest, individuals of even this bread of pure, that can do it, are rare beasts indeed, with the majority lacking something,   ware would we be without it, still searching in my view.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What has that got to do with lurchers killing hares in britain?

The question was how many pure breeds can kill hares sandy mere put a pic of a galagos running a hare in dry terrain rough ground which is different to what we run I was wondering what they like over here as sandymere has them I thought he would no 

like I have run whippets and I no they blow up after a couple mins can’t take 100yd slips and wouldn’t even last a winter on big wind swept land without shivering to death lol

good little snipers though 

• Like 2