Whippet height

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the BWRA raised the weight limit to 55lb, the non-peds sure aren't whippets !  Im certainly not knocking them, I started with non-peds back in the 60's and wouldn't mind another before Im p

Any pics of bitch must be a grew mate

Ya can get inner and outer  whippets  Mainly 4 stud duties

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

We all got our own dialects different parts of the country maybe i wunna understand yours ? In queens english ( they are not whippets then ) that better ?

Makes sense now...read it at half one in the morning?

Since the BWRA raised the weight limit to 55lb, the non-peds sure aren't whippets ! 

Im certainly not knocking them, I started with non-peds back in the 60's and wouldn't mind another before Im past it. I still enjoy a day at my local tracks, and consider them the fasted dogs in the world over the shorter distance.

They are vastly faster than the peds of the same weight class, but are really scaled down greyhounds.

Ive seen a few of the top ones behind a hare the odd time, and it's exciting, but your heart is certainly in your mouth ! 

Cheers.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Since the BWRA raised the weight limit to 55lb, the non-peds sure aren't whippets ! 

Im certainly not knocking them, I started with non-peds back in the 60's and wouldn't mind another before Im past it. I still enjoy a day at my local tracks, and consider them the fasted dogs in the world over the shorter distance.

They are vastly faster than the peds of the same weight class, but are really scaled down greyhounds.

Ive seen a few of the top ones behind a hare the odd time, and it's exciting, but your heart is certainly in your mouth ! 

Cheers.

NNWRF is No Limit...

1 minute ago, northern lad said:

NNWRF is No Limit...

Back when I was racing, most northern clubs had a 21" limit, and ran on time handicap. 

The yards per pounders had a 32lb limit, and the scratch races were up to 32lb and no - limit.

When I got back int it, I couldn't believe the number of scratch race catergories there was.

I have to admit, I do like a no limit Dog, though !

Cheers.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Back when I was racing, most northern clubs had a 21" limit, and ran on time handicap. 

The yards per pounders had a 32lb limit, and the scratch races were up to 32lb and no - limit.

When I got back int it, I couldn't believe the number of scratch race catergories there was.

I have to admit, I do like a no limit Dog, though !

Cheers.

Yeah I prefer a scratch dog...some dogs do really well of time trial or weight handicaps.. nowhere to hide in a scratch race...

• Like 1