Whippet height

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the BWRA raised the weight limit to 55lb, the non-peds sure aren't whippets !  Im certainly not knocking them, I started with non-peds back in the 60's and wouldn't mind another before Im p

Any pics of bitch must be a grew mate

Ya can get inner and outer  whippets  Mainly 4 stud duties

Posted Images

My whippet dog is about 22.5 ish and was probably already that size at 7/8 months old and just filled out rather than up. He is a big lad for a whippet but is a non ped so wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some grey in his make up. Is yours ped or non ped?

10 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

My whippet dog is about 22.5 ish and was probably already that size at 7/8 months old and just filled out rather than up. He is a big lad for a whippet but is a non ped so wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some grey in his make up. Is yours ped or non ped?

If it's a non ped its definitely got greyhound in it...my non peds about 25tts and 52lb,he was growing and filling out till he was 2 year old. The really small non peds ie 16lbers are done by 10 month.A lot depends on the breeding...

3 hours ago, northern lad said:

If it's a non ped its definitely got greyhound in it...my non peds about 25tts and 52lb,he was growing and filling out till he was 2 year old. The really small non peds ie 16lbers are done by 10 month.A lot depends on the breeding...

That is a big whippet,I thought mine were big at 32 and 33lb.A big dog like yours would handle a lot of game over here including pigs.Mine both have greyhound blood plus the blue one has stag blood.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

tilly.JPG

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

That is a big whippet,I thought mine were big at 32 and 33lb.A big dog like yours would handle a lot of game over here including pigs.Mine both have greyhound blood plus the blue one has stag blood.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

tilly.JPG

Hes a big, strong dog,but I wont let him near anything other than a lure...maybe once hes retired from racing...tbh I'd say hes physically capable of taking anything over here,but with so much speed accidents are bound to happen,I buried a very fast beddy whippet /non ped couple years ago,blew his neck out in the field..couple of month shy of 2yr old..best dog I've ever had,I'd swap my left nut for another day with him..The non peds over here are anywhere between 16lb and near 70lb,mines the biggest out of the litter,some of them are under 30 lbs...

Edited by northern lad
  • Like 2
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

You'd probably call them lurchers there,they refer to any mongrel running dogs as staghounds here but I don't class mine as stags.

Dunno wat they is but they defo inner whippets bud , but who cares if they do wat u wAnt ? Does it really matter ? 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, northern lad said:

best dog I've ever had,I'd swap my left nut for another day with him..

I'm like that with my blue bitch,she's 7 now so I pic the ground for her now,she has nearly been killed numerous times with her daredevil antics so we are both slowing down now lol.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1