What dogs everyone running this coming season

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this old gal... Be 8yr old this July. Still life in the old dog yet..... I hope ?

I’ll be bringing this bitch she’s lurcher to lurcher bred out of some of my own gear to anther persons bedlington hybrid gear she’s predominantly bedlington greyhound in her make up On both sides of t

like the whippet. Got the old trusty 6 year old saluki collie grey x grew who still has plenty of life in him yet and bringing on my young bitch who is 14 months. Collie,saluki, bull, grey. No exact p

Posted Images

Right now, at that 'too fast for her own good' stage of puppyhood, Mabel 'caught' her first this morning. 

Just a winged pigeon but she ran for it, got hold and presented me with a lovely little (slightly bewildered) retrieve.

I was so pleased. We all put so much into our pups and so when they get something dead right its both an elation and a bit of weight off.

Really its only a minor thing, just a scabby wounded mick but I never let a pup see or feel real live (or dead) quarry until they are ready, unless, like this, there is nothing i can do to stop it and i do my best on our daily walks to avoid seeing runable gear.

Like i posted earlier on this thread, i should get a propper start for this little girl at some point this season. ?

20200827_214922.jpg

20200821_202723.jpg

20200821_202813.jpg

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Smart looking pup bosun, what size is she? Always super rewarding to get a result when they're young, as you say takes some pressure off.

She's about 22/3" now with plenty of growing yet.

To be honest, though she gets the best of grub, i'm not too worried what size she makes. Back in the day of them half cross bulls, size, along with blood, was everything in a pup but now its just blood (and ability).

She's ok, i like her. If she can keep them critters to a field or two and away from local roads, we'll be ok... ?

8 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Right now, at that 'too fast for her own good' stage of puppyhood, Mabel 'caught' her first this morning. 

Just a winged pigeon but she ran for it, got hold and presented me with a lovely little (slightly bewildered) retrieve.

I was so pleased. We all put so much into our pups and so when they get something dead right its both an elation and a bit of weight off.

Really its only a minor thing, just a scabby wounded mick but I never let a pup see or feel real live (or dead) quarry until they are ready, unless, like this, there is nothing i can do to stop it and i do my best on our daily walks to avoid seeing runable gear.

Like i posted earlier on this thread, i should get a propper start for this little girl at some point this season. ?

20200827_214922.jpg

20200821_202723.jpg

20200821_202813.jpg

Nice looking pup ? 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Mutts are always tip top, credit to ye pal?

Get out of it what you put in. When I do something I like to do it as well as I can and they try there best for me so I try the same for them. Don’t think my big dog would be as good as I think he is if I hadn’t put as many hours in as I do each season. First couple of seasons was learning for both of us then last season he really pleased me. Hopefully young dog goes the same way and if he keeps going I feel he may even make a better dog been that little bit smaller but we shall see. 

• Like 2