What dogs everyone running this coming season

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this old gal... Be 8yr old this July. Still life in the old dog yet..... I hope ?

I’ll be bringing this bitch she’s lurcher to lurcher bred out of some of my own gear to anther persons bedlington hybrid gear she’s predominantly bedlington greyhound in her make up On both sides of t

like the whippet. Got the old trusty 6 year old saluki collie grey x grew who still has plenty of life in him yet and bringing on my young bitch who is 14 months. Collie,saluki, bull, grey. No exact p

Posted Images

On 18/07/2020 at 23:53, Azawakh-Aoife said:

Although I am wondering about keeping this little beauty. Quite fond of him, and I think he has potential 

IMG_20200712_200858__01.jpg

Go with your gut feeling mate, a couple of times i didn't and i regretted it. If you put the time and effort in he will be a good dog. It's a big bonus if you happen to like him as well 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, talt said:

Go with your gut feeling mate, a couple of times i didn't and i regretted it. If you put the time and effort in he will be a good dog. It's a big bonus if you happen to like him as well 

I've ended up keeping his brother, real character, he's already retrieving little  rabbit skin dummies to me, I mean, he dosent give them to me, he shows me then runs away with them, but we're getting there.

IMG_20200810_170342__01.jpg

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, Azawakh-Aoife said:

I've ended up keeping his brother, real character, he's already retrieving little  rabbit skin dummies to me, I mean, he dosent give them to me, he shows me then runs away with them, but we're getting there.

IMG_20200810_170342__01.jpg

Lovely pup that...! ?

This my bitch first season. She did a bit of ferreting last yr but only to get hold of a bit of fur, she was only young. She be 15-16 months now so just right for the season once the dark nights come and weather turns. Thing is she has, sorry I have, lost her recall and retrieve. Not totally, but definitely feeling like it's on her terms not mine! She is very strong willed (think that's the beddy) yet timid (think that's the whippet) so need to put some time in over the next couple of months. From what I have seen so far she definitely has it in her to be a cracking dog, it's me that has to get my act together and do her justice.

20200602_085054.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, W. Katchum said:

They all do at that age. Stop asking her to do it for a few week/months an she grow out of it anve right as rain again, don’t fret, but trust me ignore the bitch an she come good more you tel her to do an she don’t more your reinforcing the fact she don’t need to listen of that make sense pal ?

Got half way thru typing ffs

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

This my bitch first season. She did a bit of ferreting last yr but only to get hold of a bit of fur, she was only young. She be 15-16 months now so just right for the season once the dark nights come and weather turns. Thing is she has, sorry I have, lost her recall and retrieve. Not totally, but definitely feeling like it's on her terms not mine! She is very strong willed (think that's the beddy) yet timid (think that's the whippet) so need to put some time in over the next couple of months. From what I have seen so far she definitely has it in her to be a cracking dog, it's me that has to get my act together and do her justice.

20200602_085054.jpg

Had my young dog retrieving a ball or anything I threw for him no problem straight back but then season came and once he caught a bunny he would just stand over it and I’d have to go to him however much I tried to call him in or he’d just leave it and come to me so as we don’t catch to many anyway it didn’t bother me. He caught one on a walk out couple of weeks ago and straight back to me and dropped it for me so like you say a bit of training and he should be ok. My dog started to push his luck a little at around age your dog must be now. Couple months later, like nothing ever happend. Soon clam down when they seen a bit of graft. It’s like they just need something to make there minds tick. Think mine was fed up of walking the same route everyday during lockdown decided he’d make his way home by himself couple times. ?

• Like 2