Lightforce 240

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Won’t go wrong with a deben 210 Variable or light force 240 / 170 great lamps. Do require rewiring  after a season or 2 Though.  but imo nothing beats them with a lithium    I cant get on

Old school jaguar light taped up cut down broom stail for a handle on to an old car battery in a bucket now yah cooking

Tried the HID years ago when they first came out. I didn't like the delay in coming up to full power, so, personally, I'd stick to the 240 blitz. Cheers.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

A wider spread is definately safer for the dog doing the running and with the blitz you can adjust the beam to exactly what you need. What's the guarantee like on this one Dave?

Also, how does it compare to the blitz for visibility? I have trouble spotting rabbits in the very white beams of most LED's and the figures quoted on beam colour mean nothing to me without seeing the beam in action. It's all very well seeing the beam at 1000 km but can you pick out a rabbit at the same distance as with a blitz?

Beam and clarity is grait but don't wast your money if you want a rabbit lamp stick with what you have or for £53 I can sell your a DL 150 same as plr 500 it's all you need for rabbits and a lot cheaper

11 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

Beam and clarity is grait but don't wast your money if you want a rabbit lamp stick with what you have or for £53 I can sell your a DL 150 same as plr 500 it's all you need for rabbits and a lot cheaper

I don't only hunt rabbits and my blitz 240 adjustable beam with the variable power switch is adaptable to whatever I'm doing at the time. With a lithium battery it's perfect for what I do but since you said that the lamp you are selling is better..... well I was naturally curious to know in what way it's better. To me it doesn't sound as adaptable as the blitz variable power with it's adjustable width of beam and variable strength.

Just my opinion though after using blitz for years. 

Edited by Maximus Ferret
3 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

I don't only hunt rabbits and my blitz 240 adjustable beam with the variable power switch is adaptable to whatever I'm doing at the time. With a lithium battery it's perfect for what I do but since you said that the lamp you are selling is better..... well I was naturally curious to know in what way it's better. To me it doesn't sound as adaptable as the blitz variable power with it's adjustable width of beam and variable strength.

Just my opinion though after using blitz for years. 

The big bonus  is no need for external battery and wire plus the extra cost of that.it as 3 power levels one you get hang of them I like them more than a dimmer but each to they're own 

• Like 1

Iv just purchased a lamp from Mr Lloyds I think it's a 120 I won't be doing any rabbiting until next season but it will be good for checking out som spots to see what's about for later in the year so I don't know what it's like yet but it seems a good sturdy little thing comfortable to hold n just having a quick flick out the back it seems to have a cracking beam on it..

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I’m yet to see a lamp better than a light force on lithium battery  These led might compare for rabbits but definately not to lamp bigger land 
Atb

This one dose mate it's very much for big land on full power

Seeings believing mate I’m yet to see any real good led lamps I’m similar thinking to maximimus the colour I struggle with aswell Maybe just used to light force atb

Edited by mC HULL
On 26/05/2020 at 18:19, D Lloyd said:

DL160 45W LED Lamp   £165.00 (optional extra battery £25)

• removable 12V lithium battery
  • 3.75 amp
  • 45W LED
  • brightness 4000 lumens
  • mode switch; high, medium, low
  • run time: high 1 hr, medium 1.5 hr, low 2.5 hr
  • charge time 3 hr
  • 'fuel gauge' display on battery
  • waterproof rating IP65
  • lifespan 10,000 hr
  • aluminium alloy body
  • colour temp 6000-7000K
  • spot beam
  • beam distance (factory spec) 1000m
  • reverse connection protection
  • 160mm head diameter
  • weight 0.99kg
  • built-in stand
  • wall charger included
  • additional battery available separately

First time seen these. Just getting back into lamping. Had many year daytime only. ?

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 17:48, Black neck said:

Had summat like that mesen brummie no bucket tho we wernt savages

when I had the home made lamp, my mate was  on the dole,  and had on of those posh blue eye ones, lol

7 hours ago, C.green said:

Main thing that lets the led lamps down is they burn out.

I think that is right I have yet to get one past 2-3 years before they start playing up. Other than the plr 500 which is still going but i find narrow. Gone back to the old light force variable and a sealed lead battery. Just want some thing that works and goes on for years

• Like 1

Won’t go wrong with a deben 210 Variable or light force 240 / 170 great lamps. Do require rewiring  after a season or 2 Though. 
but imo nothing beats them with a lithium 

I cant get on with led For lamping great as a back up though and the 120 are decent little lamps for pottering about but serious lamping stick with the light force variable 

• Like 2