Bumper day for me ?

Normally knock 2 or 3 over when I go out not been shooting long on my own as I always relied on my pall and used his guns so bit the bullet and put in for my SGL when I eventually got it after 4 months I got myself a Baretta silver pigeon one field and started putting some clear pigeons through it 32g 6s but was told has there is more corvids to go after I should try some 5s so I brought a slab of game bore black gold 32g 5s and today they certainly done the trick ended up with 8 nest robbers and 2 woodies atb BB 

1CF42E4F-67FF-4050-9798-14F813668AB0.jpeg

• Like 8

Lovely shotgun and it’s nice to treat it to some black gold, been a northerner I will, if I’m felling flush, use a bit of posh black gold on the pheasants, but normally use clear pigeon on everything, the 32 #6’s are more than up to the job, as they were before they put Andy Crow’s mug on the box and hiked the price up by about a quid a box ?

• Like 3

Great gun,  great cartridges and great fun,      well done that man.  I have to say while the cartridges are very good, I use Hull Cartridge superfast 7.5,  27gr. Fast, brings them down, superb over decoys and less out of your pocket.

Phil

• Like 2

That’s a great start out on your own . You got yourself a good gun to start off with that should give you years of service. 
        I like your style, Black gold !!!! They are a very good cartridge. Nowt wrong with getting the best you can afford. Like has been said try some clear pigeon next , I use them on pheasants, pigeons, everything , you might find that you could save a few bob . 
          I always buy 30gram 6s for most of my game or vermin shooting , but I was loading for a gentleman on a bit of a posh shoot and he had an old pair of English game guns , I looked at his cartridges and he was shooting 28 gram 7s . I thought they’re a bit light for this place , but I was given a lesson . That gun shot everything he lifted the gun to , head back , dead in the air , at good ranges too , nothing close .

He told me he always shoots that load , “ it’s all in the pattern “ , with fibre wads large shot doesn’t pattern that well . Like sausage dog says 7s or 7 1/2 s , smokes em good .

• Like 4
On 24/05/2020 at 20:34, Stavross said:

Lovely shotgun and it’s nice to treat it to some black gold, been a northerner I will, if I’m felling flush, use a bit of posh black gold on the pheasants, but normally use clear pigeon on everything, the 32 #6’s are more than up to the job, as they were before they put Andy Crow’s mug on the box and hiked the price up by about a quid a box ?

I would want a substantial reduction in price if they had that ugly twats mug shot on them.?

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, bunnyboiler said:

Back out for another go today managed six in the end missed a few should of had double figures again as they were decoying in well atb BB 

7E5A4E16-83C8-4116-AEC0-3222DE942BB6.jpeg

What kind of birds are they ? They all look like “crows” to me !!! Better get a book I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4