Mountain Bike.

Not a top mountain biker or anything like, but I have an orange mountain bike, small uk company great product and for a reasonable sum they will take your bike back and totally recon it for you when it’s f****d ?‍♀️

• Like 3

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not a top mountain biker or anything like, but I have an orange mountain bike, small uk company great product and for a reasonable sum they will take your bike back and totally recon it for you when it’s f****d ?‍♀️

Yep, nice bikes 

Thing is, when buying a bike, you can't really take a load of them for a test ride like you can a car.

Whenever I buy a big purchase, telly, camera etc I'm all over the net reading reviews/ratings etc.

Bought my Marin for a grand 20 years back when I was bang into it, spent another grand on upgrades over the years and I still love it, sure there are better bikes out there now but I shouldn't ever need another. (Got a hack bike as well for quick blasts mind) If you get the right one first time you'll never need to swap it.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Thing is, when buying a bike, you can't really take a load of them for a test ride like you can a car.

Whenever I buy a big purchase, telly, camera etc I'm all over the net reading reviews/ratings etc.

Bought my Marin for a grand 20 years back when I was bang into it, spent another grand on upgrades over the years and I still love it, sure there are better bikes out there now but I shouldn't ever need another. (Got a hack bike as well for quick blasts mind) If you get the right one first time you'll never need to swap it.

Cheers, D.

That's the problem, reviews are not always without bias so the only way you're going to know if you like it is if you buy the thing, if it's a dud then it's tough luck.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's the problem, reviews are not always without bias so the only way you're going to know if you like it is if you buy the thing, if it's a dud then it's tough luck.

To true go on a Halfords website plenty great reviews but I wouldn't have one of those carrera bikes again.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Think I'll give it a go when I'm putting a new set of tyres on. ?. Any advice on tyres BR, I've wtb trailboss on the back and a vigilante on the front at minute and they're excellent in the wet but not so good in dry dusty conditions. 

I got advised to bite the tubeless bullet mate by lads that have been riding seriously for a long time.

I'm sorry pal,  but I'm not experienced enough to advise on exactly what tyre combo to go for.

I'll be in the same boat myself come the autumn as my current rubber has about run it's course!!

Only pointer i can give you are the tyres I'm currently running, came new on my Canyon.. it's their combo of choice, so obviously a great deal of though must have gone into it.  The bike is a Carbon Exceec... fairly light  XC flyer, so those tyres are paired for that type of riding. 

Maxxis Ikon on the rear, Maxxis Ardent on the front. Been excellent for me in all conditions to be fair, although the back sometimes spins a bit on a loose climb when i put the old hammer down!!?

A pic from today's ride.

Sheood Pines in Notts, had a look around the campsite they're making. It's almost finished.

Nice touch with the communal bike work station with attached tools!! Stainless track pump at the side too!! 

I couldn't resist a crafty photo!!

20200525_134053-01.jpeg.1b51be7ce54ad6fc0c28915ba5f8b16a.jpeg

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Bought a dawes kalahari today bit more sedate, the gt is being collected in a minute, made nice profit on it as well. Pic of the new tourer the stem  and bars will get changed out. 

101284232_10222783579964262_1132992581475500032_o.jpg

Is that for your gran? ?

• Haha 2
On 25/05/2020 at 10:49, Greyman said:

On my third Orange now and got a couple of mates that wont have anything else.Fantastic UK company with absolutely amazing after ssles care.With the cult following they have the cant risk not looking after their customers as word would spread.Who else gives a five year repair or replace guarantee on their frames?

• Like 2
On 24/05/2020 at 23:21, dogmandont said:

Think I'll give it a go when I'm putting a new set of tyres on. ?. Any advice on tyres BR, I've wtb trailboss on the back and a vigilante on the front at minute and they're excellent in the wet but not so good in dry dusty conditions. 

Im running schwable Hans Dampf atm after my pal recomended them.Nice and grippy without being overly aggressive so work ok on the road too and also super hard wearing.Tubeless is the way to go mate Ive spotted massive thorns in my tyres and just carry on riding.

• Like 1

Don't know a lot about bikes but I have giant carbon frame one with 29inch wheels, like riding a rolls Royce compared to bikes I grew up with. Take the piss out of some lads at work though who've spent fortunes on bikes to get fit might aswell buy knackered bike with a rusty chain get twice as fit in half the miles!

5 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Don't know a lot about bikes but I have giant carbon frame one with 29inch wheels, like riding a rolls Royce compared to bikes I grew up with. Take the piss out of some lads at work though who've spent fortunes on bikes to get fit might aswell buy knackered bike with a rusty chain get twice as fit in half the miles!

That's what I've been thinking tbh. Yes you can spend thousands on bikes that will be a lot easier and smoother to bang in the miles on. But the thing is unless you're using a bike to commute to work then surely it's on your best interests if the ride takes maximum effort? ?

Edited by Greb147