Mountain Bike.

14 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with cost for the simple reason even the very top end mtbs still come with a single chain ring up front. 

Im no brendog but I've never needed another gear on the trails could maybe do with it on the fire roads now and again but that's about it. 

Exactly.Ive got a 6k bike and its only got one on the front and 11 on the back.Lowest gear I can climb the steepest,longest hills and top gear is fine apart from long downhill runs on roads but at the end of the day its not a roadbike and theres more than enough gears in between.On the plus side less weight,less shit to go wrong or maintain,less junk on the bars andwho wants to be clicking through 30gears anyway?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images