• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

well i had my first go on the new bike on sunday,took my usual route and was fecked when i got home.wrists hurt so bad and could not feel one of my fingers,seat was so uncomfortable i had to get off it half way around.did find a few faults with the bike,the handlebars are way too wide and the gearing was not an equal to my old 27speed 2004 model.had to cut 1.5" off the seat post to lower it and have moved the seat back and also rotated the bars up a little bit too try and ease the weight of my wrists.the gearing will have to be changed as going up hill was too easy and on the flat i could change upto top and was really wanting more speed.just hope it is not too difficult,expensive to get the mods done.now the weather is shit and i have the week off i can not get back out on it.

11 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

well i had my first go on the new bike on sunday,took my usual route and was fecked when i got home.wrists hurt so bad and could not feel one of my fingers,seat was so uncomfortable i had to get off it half way around.did find a few faults with the bike,the handlebars are way too wide and the gearing was not an equal to my old 27speed 2004 model.had to cut 1.5" off the seat post to lower it and have moved the seat back and also rotated the bars up a little bit too try and ease the weight of my wrists.the gearing will have to be changed as going up hill was too easy and on the flat i could change upto top and was really wanting more speed.just hope it is not too difficult,expensive to get the mods done.now the weather is shit and i have the week off i can not get back out on it.

Good ride then? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, .357shooter said:

What kind of bike is it? 

Sorry if you've already said. 

1 hour ago, .357shooter said:

Sounds like a back to front penny farthing

• Haha 1

Not mountain biking, but thought I'd share last Fridays epic failure here.. if anyone wants a laugh!

We'd got 3 nights booked at Skeg Vags?.. so i had the bright idea to book the day off and  bike it over there.. my mrs was picking the girl's up after school and driving straight through.

It's good pull from here..80 mile.. I've actually done it twice before but not for a few years.

Ride started fine.. made decent ground and i was feeling decent enough.... until the heavens opened!!?

I don't mind the wet too much.. but it was the cold that came with it that done me.

I'd done 43 mile at this point and spent 2 hours and 7 miles hopping between various shelters trying to dodge the rain. I was absolutely frozen to the bone!!? 

Long story short, after spending half hour shivering curled up under a bridge.. i had to swallow my pride and phone the mrs to do a diversion and carry out a rescue mission.

By f@@k was i glad to see them!!!?

Was a fuk up on my part for not taking the right gear i suppose.. and yes the mrs rightly so gave me plenty of stick throwing the towel in!!

Screenshot_20210503-204707_Strava.jpg.644886f1b973038909261eca2cba459b.jpg

Nice day still at Lincoln..

20210430_123401.jpg.98936b08c8543ae081955a3f7d5ea88a.jpg

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Not mountain biking, but thought I'd share last Fridays epic failure here.. if anyone wants a laugh!

We'd got 3 nights booked at Skeg Vags?.. so i had the bright idea to book the day off and  bike it over there.. my mrs was picking the girl's up after school and driving straight through.

It's good pull from here..80 mile.. I've actually done it twice before but not for a few years.

Ride started fine.. made decent ground and i was feeling decent enough.... until the heavens opened!!?

I don't mind the wet too much.. but it was the cold that came with it that done me.

I'd done 43 mile at this point and spent 2 hours and 7 miles hopping between various shelters trying to dodge the rain. I was absolutely frozen to the bone!!? 

Long story short, after spending half hour shivering curled up under a bridge.. i had to swallow my pride and phone the mrs to do a diversion and carry out a rescue mission.

Was a fuk up on my part for not taking the right gear i suppose.. and yes the mrs rightly so gave me plenty of stick throwing the towel in!!

Eighty miles on that seat must feel like you have lived through the first half hour of the Shawshank Redemption ! Lol 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Attempting eighty miles is some going fair play mate.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Eighty miles on that seat must feel like you have lived through the first half hour of the Shawshank Redemption ! Lol 

? It's even worse mate when you've had a break from riding.. after the comeback ride it feels like big Denzil has been sock upto the nuts in you!!?

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...