Mountain Bike.

Talking of mtb's.. i was out playing in the snow yesterday in the Lakes and some crazy fool had taken their bike for a walk over the lump below!!

St Sunday crag it's called. I only just managed to walk over it!! ... fair play to them though.

I would have taken a pic of the tracks.. but my 3 pairs of gloves weren't coming off for anything!! ?

When i got there i bump into a couple of stray bitch hounds.. They knew what they were doing heading back to HQ the scenic way.. 

20201228_141033.jpg.2dd7fa0dc4ad37d4499cfcfda9a551b5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Talking of mtb's.. i was out playing in the snow yesterday in the Lakes and some crazy fool had taken their bike for a walk over the lump below!!

St Sunday crag it's called. I only just managed to walk over it!! ... fair play to them though.

I would have taken a pic of the tracks.. but my 3 pairs of gloves weren't coming off for anything!! ?

When i got there i bump into a couple of stray bitch hounds.. They knew what they were doing heading back to HQ the scenic way.. 

20201228_141033.jpg.2dd7fa0dc4ad37d4499cfcfda9a551b5.jpg

Did they definitely make it home? If not be worth giving the kennels a shout to find out ??

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone still getting out riding??

I've recently had a shoulder opp and wearing a sling so no biking for a while here. I'm missing it tbh. It's so easy to take such little things for granted... until it's taken away from you. Applies to lots of things in life i suppose. 

Found these on my phone. Had a bad spell of coming off few months back. 

I'm 44 now and don't bounce back up as quickly as i did in my teens!!

I thought f**k it here... and had 5 minutes whilst i was down!!?

20210110_233229.jpg.b0ef49969efe3168e6028b6375c2f5b6.jpg

20210110_233301.jpg.15780bd30a5968da4c9c612f7600e722.jpg

Nowt really but if you can't have a laugh at yourself it's time to call it a day i reckon!!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Anyone still getting out riding??

I've recently had a shoulder opp and wearing a sling so no biking for a while here. I'm missing it tbh. It's so easy to take such little things for granted... until it's taken away from you. Applies to lots of things in life i suppose. 

Found these on my phone. Had a bad spell of coming off few months back. 

I'm 44 now and don't bounce back up as quickly as i did in my teens!!

I thought f**k it here... and had 5 minutes whilst i was down!!?

20210110_233229.jpg.b0ef49969efe3168e6028b6375c2f5b6.jpg

20210110_233301.jpg.15780bd30a5968da4c9c612f7600e722.jpg

Nowt really but if you can't have a laugh at yourself it's time to call it a day i reckon!!?

it is funny that you say that about not bouncing back.me at 49 did not bounce to well this year when i fell down going down the steepest part of lechamton hill last year.first time i had come off in over ten years.did shake me up a bit but you just get back on

32 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

it is funny that you say that about not bouncing back.me at 49 did not bounce to well this year when i fell down going down the steepest part of lechamton hill last year.first time i had come off in over ten years.did shake me up a bit but you just get back on

Fair play to you mate! Looks a nice spot that with some belting views.

I know one of older lads here had a bad fall and did his back in. 2 month off on rock bottom sick pay. 

He didn't seem that bothered to be honest and was back at it as soon as he was right!

1 minute ago, Bush Rummager said:

Can you still get that??

I usually just have a swag of Metacam and fews stella's...?

No assholes discontinued it when they decided it was better to let the baby’s umbilical cords dry naturally ?Zi used it on the kids when they cut or scraped their selves , on myself and on the dogs if they had wounds . 
Was a good clotting agent ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

No assholes discontinued it when they decided it was better to let the baby’s umbilical cords dry naturally ?Zi used it on the kids when they cut or scraped their selves , on myself and on the dogs if they had wounds . 
Was a good clotting agent ?

Can still get Johnson's wound powder.

Cheers, D.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, steve66 said:

If you go tubless , is it something you can do yourself or does your bike have to go into a shop ?, weathers warming up time to get the bike out ?

You can do it yourself mate but i didn't and took mine to Sherwood pines and let the mechanic do it!?

They charged me £40. That was for the rim tape, valves, sealent and labour. Ran those tyres for 2 more years and they never failed. So it's well worth going tubeless.

I could have done it myself Steve.. it was jus a faff i didn'tfancy at the time. I've since replaced those tyres myself and it was straight forward enough. A  bit strange though trying to seat the tyre on the rim without an innertube particularly inflated to stretch the tyre out. I inflated them with just regular track pump too... you just have to pump faster than normal to get the bead to seal at the beginning.

Once the tyre is pumped up, obviously having put your new valve and rim tape on, deflate the tyre.. tip some sealant in (stans) rotate the tyre so the gap is at the 9 o'clock position leaving the sealant sat at the bottom of the tyre.. reseat the tyre.. pump like mad.. give it a good slosh around it will seal any little leaks etc. 

Leave over night and all beig well they should be ready to go!!

I'm sure there's some videos on YouTube if my ramblings don't make much sense!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1