Mountain Bike.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

These aren't bad bikes either and would be grand for what you'd be doing. 

Screenshot_20200816_120452_com.chainreactioncycles.hybrid.jpg

I wonder if I can order through a shop, or do they dictate what comes in? One other thing, if I got to the stage of doing a serious amount of road cycling, would that bike be comfortable over a period of hours on the road? 

12 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I wonder if I can order through a shop, or do they dictate what comes in? One other thing, if I got to the stage of doing a serious amount of road cycling, would that bike be comfortable over a period of hours on the road? 

A lot of independent bike shops sell cubes as well as big retailers like Chain Reaction so you should have a better chance of getting one and the bigger retailers will usually post. As for riding on the road just stick a couple of more road dedicated tires on it blow em up to the highest psi they'll take lockout the forks and away ye go, just make sure to get the right size of bike and get the saddle height right and it will be dead on for a few hours on the road. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Francie said:

Is there any bike out there with a comfy seat I wonder, I rode a giant bike for 16mile a day 5 days a week for 3 months, an my arse was chafed of me. 

Not really mate.They all tend to make you a bit sore untill your arse and back of your nut sack get a bit leathery.My pal whos just bought the 4.5k bike had stuck a big fat,padded seat with 2 springs under it on the bike.Looks funny as f**k.

• Haha 1

As Steve 66 said like a racer, but you can put your hands in a couple of different positions on the bars and some come with the racer style brakes and also a set of brakes like flat bars across the flat part of bar ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Look at those cyclo-cross bikes, they're a better bet if you're going to be mostly on the road with the odd trail here and there. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Francie said:

Is there any bike out there with a comfy seat I wonder, I rode a giant bike for 16mile a day 5 days a week for 3 months, an my arse was chafed of me. 

Should of been steeping it in petrel ?

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, steve66 said:

So , its been afew months now since this thread started , just wondering who got a new bike , bikes shops around here still have next to no stock ? and used bikes are fetching top dollar , not easy this bike shopping lark ?

I never ended up getting one because in lockdown they were all out of stock in shops near me. 

• Like 1

I'm just back an hour, from the bike shops, I'm trying to get a hybred sports mountain bike, and it will be next march roughly before I will be able to buy one, the demand far outweighs the supply, he had tons of other bikes, road racers, mountain bikes and city tourers, but nothing I would be able to use on the roads or in the forestry paths, so next summer it seems like for me

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 3