Mountain Bike.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Mostly road but an off day of woodland paths but nothing too rough I reckon, I'd like a bike capable of taking both worlds on, I was looking at a giant aluminium frame but no front shocks, the sales man told me it could take a bit. Of stick but I thought it would be essential to have front shocks

Definitely get something with front shocks jigsaw preferably that can lockout, things have went a bit mad with bike sales at the minute as most bike shops are sold out and secondhand bikes are making almost new prices. But for a grand you should be able to get yourself something really decent. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Definitely get something with front shocks jigsaw preferably that can lockout, things have went a bit mad with bike sales at the minute as most bike shops are sold out and secondhand bikes are making almost new prices. But for a grand you should be able to get yourself something really decent. 

That's what I was led to believe, but yer man inside the counter tells me no need for them, I was ready to buy Friday but he put me off, and there's a waiting list for bikes, I think a grand is more than enough for a cycle bike, 

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

which one ,the giant or the leader fox?

The Leader Fox, Giant are a decent brand but depends on the spec. For a grand you'll get a cracking bike, better off buying 2nd hand mate or from an independent bike shop, not Halfords etc.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Pal of mine phoned Orange direct last week and they have no stock at all as everything they had sold out when their staff were furloughed.Lots of quality second hand stuff for sale at reasonable prices on mtb groups on fb.My pal bought a carbon xc bike fully speced out for £800 last week that was 4.5k new 4years ago almost mint condition.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, will said:

Have you thought about a gravel bike or cyclo cross bike it's basically a off road drop handle bar .you can ride road or forest road on them ?

I'm afraid I don't even know what a drop handle bar means lol but that's exactly what I want

I'm forced to buy new, I'm using the BIKE TO WORK SCHEME where you buy the bike and pay through the tax system, they give you the bike for half its cost, and its deducted every week in your pay packet,