Best place to go in Cornwall?

9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Only a few weeks till my jollies in Cornwall, I'm guessing to get in pubs & restaurants you still have to book in?

Booked a boat trip in Padstow to hopefully see the dolphins, touch wood the weather is good, I hope it's not peaking too soon. ?

Depends on the individual places, lots of places are struggling for staff so eating out is usually book in but drinks only isn't as bad. There will be a huge spike of Covid shortly, social distancing has gone in a lot of places.

Newquay yesterday.

Cheers, D.

0_Fistral-Beach-2.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try a little camp site called Pollyjoke not far from Newquay. Cracking little site two smallish fields lovely shower units, Pup short walk up over. Beach about 100 meters away and sheltered. Sand pit

??

Why are people so obsessed with holidays like your life will fall apart if you dont have one lol 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Depends on the individual places, lots of places are struggling for staff so eating out is usually book in but drinks only isn't as bad. There will be a huge spike of Covid shortly, social distancing has gone in a lot of places.

Newquay yesterday.

Cheers, D.

0_Fistral-Beach-2.jpg

So I'll be fine for some rattler and scrumpy, we will have to try and get in somewhere for a meal or two if possible. 

I bet it's going to be hectic down there, can't check in to the caravan till 2pm so might not drive down in the early hours like I planned to, we will see.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So I'll be fine for some rattler and scrumpy, we will have to try and get in somewhere for a meal or two if possible. 

I bet it's going to be hectic down there, can't check in to the caravan till 2pm so might not drive down in the early hours like I planned to, we will see.

Drive down in the middle of the night if your travelling on a weekend or you be stuck in traffic, aim to get here by 08:00 am, plenty of cafes etc around, better off sat on a beach burning than frying in a motor.?

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Drive down in the middle of the night if your travelling on a weekend or you be stuck in traffic, aim to get here by 08:00 am, plenty of cafes etc around, better off sat on a beach burning than frying in a motor.?

Cheers, D.

That's what I was planning tbh but our lass is moaning about waking the kids up in the early hours.

I think we will end up doing that, I can have a kip on the beach at Harlyn Bay after a few cold ones.

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's what I was planning tbh but our lass is moaning about waking the kids up in the early hours.

I think we will end up doing that, I can have a kip on the beach at Harlyn Bay after a few cold ones.

They will be squalling a lot more if your sat on the M5 or A30 in a hot car for four or five hours.

Cheers, D.

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Brilliant, I can clean the portable shitter as well while I'm there. ?

I'm a lot closer to Harlyn than MT (15 miles from Harlyn) and you can park here if you want. £10 hour.

Cheers, D.

In all seriousness, if you need somewhere to lay up for a couple of hours or so, Cornwall Services, off the A30 at Roche, Maccy ds, kids play area (indoors, about £5 per hour), shops, even a barbers, other stuff, about 15/20 miles/ half hour or so from Harlyn if you get down early doors. ?

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1