Cold weather hunting dogs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My missus, north of the Arctic circle, doing her "Agnes Hailstone" impression ; Not sure what type of huskies they were, but -23 degrees didn't seem to bother them !

Out of these two when the freezing heavy rain came down the ped whippet would stick to the job over the Warren while the beddy x whippet would be curled up at the bottom of a wall

To be honest; I prefer a rough coated dog, but that's from a purely aesthetic point of view. I've owned both rough and smooth, and my view, ( and I stress it's only MY view ! ), is that a dogs coat ha

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

3 proper answers out of 13,well done guys, your great help to someone starting out, the site is awash with comedians, pity us all

Same everywhere. And it’s mostly the same people. It’s embarrassing to be fair. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Same everywhere. And it’s mostly the same people. It’s embarrassing to be fair. 

well , it the person 1st post, might be young bloke or girl , so come on people give the fookin person a chance. Right , mate  regards good coat for wet,windy, cold weather, deff a collie x   more so if good lump of collie in it, beddy ,  gives not bad coat,  not sure about salukis , people who got the type  can say if they want,  Bel Mal  x give very good coat, gsd  gives hell of great coat for bad weather , down side to them, they molt quite bad, i am stripping Buck out the last 3 weeks, and still got bit more to day, should had whippet x lol . A  Lab x give great coat as well ,  the last 3 breeds ive said on here , (wont) be your conventional type lurchers , like pit x s etc, which have poor coats compere to them 3 type xs ,  so mate  hope that  nailed it down for you a bit :thumbs:

• Like 4

The original poster doesn't say what part of the world he's think about, but I would have thought sight hounds and going to be very limited because they can't gallop in deep snow and will smash their feet up running on frozen ground. Saying that, wasn't there an American poster on here that ran coyote hounds somewhere bitterly cold like (I'm guessing) Minnesota in the winter?

I remember when this forum used to have proper people on it not this bunch of reprabates with there outlandish answers it turns my stomach makes me wanna turn vegan and wear woman's clothing on a rainy day if you must know the short legged chihuahua has the best winter coat in the world its common knowledge der?

Think it's a fair enough question myself the amount of dogs iv seen that that try n back up against a wall or arched up shivering behind your legs on a really bad winters day or night not good can't beat a dog that doesn't mind bad wet cold conditions mid winter.