Trail camera photo....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pine marten, a pity is facing the wrong way.

All animals are creatures of habit, it’s just up to you to work it out, put a rock or log out in front the camera and she will stop to mark it will then act as a scent marker and get you some better p

Just getting a few ready to go out for a farmer, for me the fact his land has an old quarry down one side of it that has had a few good sightings over the years is a massive bonus and for him I will c

Posted Images

21 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Yes point taken ?

They are a pain in the arse, despite what people think you will get almost as many false triggers and misses as you will fox’s they are a useful tool and a great help but not a replacement for hard work ??

• Like 1

Just getting a few ready to go out for a farmer, for me the fact his land has an old quarry down one side of it that has had a few good sightings over the years is a massive bonus and for him I will catch the kind person that leaves him a tippers worth of rubbish in the gateway once a week so win win  

29B6CB18-75CE-45AB-A52B-6AFF7275F623.jpeg

CCED34C1-FA61-49F5-8E2E-9418DEC68612.jpeg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ands said:

Aldi were giving (almost lol) away tronic rechargeable aa batteries recently i think you need a trolly full Grey man!

12 x 8 every couple of months on average sadly rechargeables don’t give the life and are not advised for trail cams, the longer you can leave them the more animals get used to them and your results get better, takes about a week for the animals to realise the cameras are meant to be invisible??

B3006E82-E9EA-4A48-8177-99CB0F6E5343.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Greyman said:

12 x 8 every couple of months on average sadly rechargeables don’t give the life and are not advised for trail cams, the longer you can leave them the more animals get used to them and your results get better, takes about a week for the animals to realise the cameras are meant to be invisible??

B3006E82-E9EA-4A48-8177-99CB0F6E5343.jpeg

Theres a great article by Ron Bury on pretty much all types of batteries worth a read when your REALLY bored lol

• 1 month later...

Had my new cam out for a while and only got pics of birds and a feral cat. As soon as the wet weather came I got more interesting pics. I don't know if that's related or just luck. Looking at these this morning shows what creatures of habit foxes are. 03.28 one morning and 03.23 the next. 

IMG_0004.JPG.5b1ccbbdaaea464982c06c0a020b7d18.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG.3bced0141b731ebab59eeedc459ad19e.JPG

With a glimpse of one of those cuddly badgers.

IMG_0025.JPG.fd29fe26910c44235dfd4fc3e0e18695.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG.151ea342b91028c3b5d1df6e89102302.JPG

58 minutes ago, walshie said:

Had my new cam out for a while and only got pics of birds and a feral cat. As soon as the wet weather came I got more interesting pics. I don't know if that's related or just luck. Looking at these this morning shows what creatures of habit foxes are. 03.28 one morning and 03.23 the next. 

IMG_0004.JPG.5b1ccbbdaaea464982c06c0a020b7d18.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG.3bced0141b731ebab59eeedc459ad19e.JPG

With a glimpse of one of those cuddly badgers.

IMG_0025.JPG.fd29fe26910c44235dfd4fc3e0e18695.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG.151ea342b91028c3b5d1df6e89102302.JPG

Good pictures walshie. What camera are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I bought one from Aldi last year, and for the money, to be fair, I’ve been happy with it ?

7 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Good pictures walshie. What camera are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I bought one from Aldi last year, and for the money, to be fair, I’ve been happy with it ?

When my last camera packed up I bought one of those Chinese ones a lot of the lads have but I wasn't at all happy with it. The clock wouldn't keep time  - to the tune of gaining days in 24 hours! and the pics were crap. I think I was just unlucky with that one, but I didn't fancy ordering another and it being the same, so I got my money back. I don't have any need for multiple cams, so I spent the money on a better quality one and got a Browning as suggested by Greyman. Very happy with the pic quality so far. 

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

When my last camera packed up I bought one of those Chinese ones a lot of the lads have but I wasn't at all happy with it. The clock wouldn't keep time  - to the tune of gaining days in 24 hours! and the pics were crap. I think I was just unlucky with that one, but I didn't fancy ordering another and it being the same, so I got my money back. I don't have any need for multiple cams, so I spent the money on a better quality one and got a Browning as suggested by Greyman. Very happy with the pic quality so far. 

Yep, can’t argue with the picture quality. Looks like you made a wise choice there walshie ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dervburner said:

Yep, can’t argue with the picture quality. Looks like you made a wise choice there walshie ?

Daytime pics are quite good too. (Neighbour's dog, not mine, thank god.)

IMG_0015.JPG.7fddce6c3bc4d16aa8cb7681422aa4da.JPG

29 minutes ago, bob.243 said:

Pine marten, a pity is facing the wrong way.

IMAG0175.JPG

IMAG0236.JPG

Only ever saw 1 pine marten and that was near Callendar,  out stalking and it jumped up on to a tree stump , thought it was a fox cub at first.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I put the camera in the top field a week or so ago. The mrs let the sheep into that field a couple of days after and I didn't even think about it. I just checked the footage. 2 pics of a fox. 4 pics of a squirrel. And 1706 pics of sheep! :laugh: