Trail camera photo....

Well I thought I'd give one of those cheapies off Ebay a try. What a load of rubbish. The sheep carcass has been dragged a good few feet but nothing triggered the camera. Got a blurry shot of a fox walking in front of the camera and in a overnight the date had changed to June and the clock was hours out. The seconds on the clock run like 1,12,23,40,51 in 1 second intervals so everything is running at warp speed. Already told them I want my money back. As I only need or use 1 camera, I think I'll buy a better quality one. Bushnall or Browning. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pine marten, a pity is facing the wrong way.

All animals are creatures of habit, it’s just up to you to work it out, put a rock or log out in front the camera and she will stop to mark it will then act as a scent marker and get you some better p

Just getting a few ready to go out for a farmer, for me the fact his land has an old quarry down one side of it that has had a few good sightings over the years is a massive bonus and for him I will c

Posted Images

Mines a cheap one off fleabay.

It's not as bad as yours though mate.

It is a fiddle with the card though.

It's screen is tiny and my old eyes can't read the information so I have to connect to my phone which is a pain.

So far it has contributed to me getting a fox; 0!

Bit like my NV device, that has contributed to me getting a fox; 0!

I would rather just go lamping to be honest.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, walshie said:

Well I thought I'd give one of those cheapies off Ebay a try. What a load of rubbish. The sheep carcass has been dragged a good few feet but nothing triggered the camera. Got a blurry shot of a fox walking in front of the camera and in a overnight the date had changed to June and the clock was hours out. The seconds on the clock run like 1,12,23,40,51 in 1 second intervals so everything is running at warp speed. Already told them I want my money back. As I only need or use 1 camera, I think I'll buy a better quality one. Bushnall or Browning. 

Browning strike force if you want to spend shilling, all the bushnalls ive had the little screen inside stops working and though the camera still functions fine it’s hard work with no menu to guide you ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Browning strike force if you want to spend shilling, all the bushnalls ive had the little screen inside stops working and though the camera still functions fine it’s hard work with no menu to guide you ?

Cheers GM. I'll take a look at them. The screen going was the first problem in my Bushnell. 

1 minute ago, walshie said:

Cheers GM. I'll take a look at them. The screen going was the first problem in my Bushnell. 

Seems a common fault on them, I no a few others that have experienced the same ✌️

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I think you have just had bad luck. I have half a dozen of the cheap ebay jobs and find they work well. I tend to set them on ten second video at one minute intervals. The sensitivity i normally set to medium although at some locations if there is a lot of foliage that could move in the wind i use low setting. To be honest i have found them really useful in building up a pattern of a particular fox's movements. They save me hours of hanging around just waiting. What i have found is they are sometimes susceptible to water ingress, so i make a cover for mine from old two litre milk containers.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, ianm said:

I think you have just had bad luck. I have half a dozen of the cheap ebay jobs and find they work well. I tend to set them on ten second video at one minute intervals. The sensitivity i normally set to medium although at some locations if there is a lot of foliage that could move in the wind i use low setting. To be honest i have found them really useful in building up a pattern of a particular fox's movements. They save me hours of hanging around just waiting. What i have found is they are sometimes susceptible to water ingress, so i make a cover for mine from old two litre milk containers.

You might be right about the bad luck, but I can't be bothered to swap it for another that might be equally crap. I only really use 1 at a time so might as well get a half decent one. 

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

No mate, they are just and sd card, the don’t send to your phone 

I have fancied one that will for a while now, I recon that would be very handy, you could place it over certain runs, and it will ping you when the fox is on its way, 

45 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I have fancied one that will for a while now, I recon that would be very handy, you could place it over certain runs, and it will ping you when the fox is on its way, 

Which is great until it"pings" and you are twenty five miles away doing something else and now you are pissed off!

Best not knowing at the time.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ianm said:

Which is great until it"pings" and you are twenty five miles away doing something else and now you are pissed off!

Best not knowing at the time.?

Or in bed attending to marital responsibilities!

• Like 1