German Shepherd

My pals got some good pups ready to go in a week now I think might be 1 or 2 there well bred but there not papered up I've got a sane way bred sister here and my in-laws have got a brother good    guard dogs good round kids ?

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d be tempted for a staffy perfect with kids 

The only thing that would put me off a GSD is the hip and spine problems as they get older.   Walshies dog looks good and, sounds good from his posts - maybe look along those lines and give

Holding strong money mate won’t get one cheaper then a grand that’s even for a scrap yard type

Posted Images

I own a GS bred from DDR lines from a straight-backed uk female and an imported male. She's a joy to be honest, I was a little worried she wasn't sharp enough as we bought her to look after our property. She's as soft as anything with the family, she's really gentle and sedate with my nine month old daughter despite the fact that normally she's a bit of a boisterious goon but we had someone lurking around the property six months ago and she turned into a different dog and without doubt she would go to war with little provocation in that situation. I think temperament is a difficult thing to judge, all being well I hope I never need her to step into action however if the occasion should arise I know she will do her duty but for everyday life, from when she was eight weeks old until she passes she's part of the family too and so I couldn't have something like a Malinois here. It wouldn't be stimulated enough or have enough to do which means in my opinion it wouldn't segue into family life like our GS has,

Jakk

Good luck on your quest, my shepherd was bred from a Czech police dog, the dam was a big bitch, both easy going,... Maybe I was just unlucky and got the retard of the litter, lol... I got his nuts off at 6 years old to see would he settle, 6 months later I took him for his last walk in the woods, everyone in our family gave a sigh of relief when he was gone... I was looking for exactly what you are, after a lot of money was wasted on buying him, getting him neutered, I still ended up with a walking neurotic pain in the hole..... Hope you find the perfect dog for your family 

• Thanks 1

The wife’s mum had a GSD was the most loyal dog around family My lad fall asleep with him but He would attack any body who would just walk in the house or come up the garden path. 

he had never been shown to do any thing like that. In the end he was put to sleep after attacking a JW who knocked on the door 

45 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Good luck on your quest, my shepherd was bred from a Czech police dog, the dam was a big bitch, both easy going,... Maybe I was just unlucky and got the retard of the litter, lol... I got his nuts off at 6 years old to see would he settle, 6 months later I took him for his last walk in the woods, everyone in our family gave a sigh of relief when he was gone... I was looking for exactly what you are, after a lot of money was wasted on buying him, getting him neutered, I still ended up with a walking neurotic pain in the hole..... Hope you find the perfect dog for your family 

That sounded like a real pain jiggy that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid I'm doing my research but I haven't had anything to do with them that's why I thought I would ask reading what you have said about him as got me thinking a bit more 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Penda said:

My pals got some good pups ready to go in a week now I think might be 1 or 2 there well bred but there not papered up I've got a sane way bred sister here and my in-laws have got a brother good    guard dogs good round kids ?

Sent you a pm penda 

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

That sounded like a real pain jiggy that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid I'm doing my research but I haven't had anything to do with them that's why I thought I would ask reading what you have said about him as got me thinking a bit more 

lol there were dozens of incidents,some more serious than others,i always had to think,did i lock this or leave that out cause the fooker would wreak havoc when he got into one of his spins.....ive seen some shepherds since that look to be exactly what i wanted,i just didnt get the right one for me i suppose..i hope you get the right one,theyd be superb to have about when your alone..I must say i did get peace of mind when i was at work cause no one was coming over that garden wall with him about,i slept well for a few years,

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

lol there were dozens of incidents,some more serious than others,i always had to think,did i lock this or leave that out cause the fooker would wreak havoc when he got into one of his spins.....ive seen some shepherds since that look to be exactly what i wanted,i just didnt get the right one for me i suppose..i hope you get the right one,theyd be superb to have about when your alone..I must say i did get peace of mind when i was at work cause no one was coming over that garden wall with him about,i slept well for a few years,

What happened to him in the end jig?

9 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What they like trig 

I had a dark brindle bitch. She was a good size for a herder almost 24tts  she was very ball driven. I had 2 young children at the time and she fitted in a treat. She guarded well and was a joy to be around on the whole. Have a read up on internet about them. I've only had a small amount to do with them.

I brought in as a adult from a sucurity dog handling firm. She didn't cut the mustard for them for some reason. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

What happened to him in the end jig?

keepdiggin....i got the greatest pleasure at pointing that rifle straight at his head and pulling the trigger...and im not a cruel man,but i walked away with this relief and a big wide grin...my son was with me andd he said thank fuk hes gone 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

keepdiggin....i got the greatest pleasure at pointing that rifle straight at his head and pulling the trigger...and im not a cruel man,but i walked away with this relief and a big wide grin...my son was with me andd he said thank fuk hes gone 

I get what you mean, if you have a dog with issues that can't be sorted it just puts you on edge all the time year after year. It's a relief in the end when you can relax

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

The wife’s mum had a GSD was the most loyal dog around family My lad fall asleep with him but He would attack any body who would just walk in the house or come up the garden path. 

he had never been shown to do any thing like that. In the end he was put to sleep after attacking a JW who knocked on the door 

lol , made me laugh   mate, good dog that was then lol, pity you couldnt chain him up in the day , and loose him out at night , my dogs live outside in kennel/run  , but ive thought few times now i am getting older and only got 50% of me hearing now , if end up on me own in latter life, prob a good gsd  type dog, would be very useful pet in the house, but they do 1/2 feckin molt bad, Buck my 1x gsd x grey , sheds quite bad, and  not got the full coat like pure gsd got, maybe even one of them tosa on the guard dog post, the smaller types  they good guards and bark fair bit  , no more dog hair lol  , know   plenty of x bred gsds typs in the pound  they guard your house deff