Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I hate shows .....full of wannabe Rambos parading round  in camo and ridiculous queues of traffic getting in and out .....not to mention the extortionate price of burgers ??

"You there, stop having fun this instant!"

Victor-Meldrew.jpg

• Haha 6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

First little trip out after the bat flu, just a walk around some gardens for an hour, my mate came with me to stretch the dogs legs and to save mine, managed only 6 and the dickhead lab would only pick 5 of them for some reason so that one got left for the fox, I thought there would of been a few more than there was, but 6 is better than none ?

8A82CB23-04CB-4266-8859-20FB1781BD2E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

First little trip out after the bat flu, just a walk around some gardens for an hour, my mate came with me to stretch the dogs legs and to save mine, managed only 6 and the dickhead lab would only pick 5 of them for some reason so that one got left for the fox, I thought there would of been a few more than there was, but 6 is better than none ?

8A82CB23-04CB-4266-8859-20FB1781BD2E.jpeg

Bet it felt good just to be out ?

• Like 1

Popped out yesterday evening in search of a buck that I had seen on a gorse banking back in March. The weather was OK but still a cold easterly wind. I headed to my chosen destination but no luck only seeing 2 does.

So I headed up the valley seeing nothing else except fields full of new born lambs. I then started heading back and spotted a fox along the edge of some gorse , I tried getting closer only to see him disappear into the gorse.

I got myself set up 200 yds away hoping he would pop out but no sign so I did a little hand calling but still nothing.

I then got my phone out and searched Youtube for fox calls and found the Best Fox Call video. Started playing the call on my phone and within 3 minutes had a dog fox screaming out of the gorse , stopped him with the obligatory OI and a nice dog fox grassed?

It was freezing for the end of April , I was wearing jumper , body warmer , coat and gloves and still cold in the easterly breeze ..............the car temperature registered -2 on the way home ?

DSC00242.JPG

• Like 7
7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Popped out yesterday evening in search of a buck that I had seen on a gorse banking back in March. The weather was OK but still a cold easterly wind. I headed to my chosen destination but no luck only seeing 2 does.

So I headed up the valley seeing nothing else except fields full of new born lambs. I then started heading back and spotted a fox along the edge of some gorse , I tried getting closer only to see him disappear into the gorse.

I got myself set up 200 yds away hoping he would pop out but no sign so I did a little hand calling but still nothing.

I then got my phone out and searched Youtube for fox calls and found the Best Fox Call video. Started playing the call on my phone and within 3 minutes had a dog fox screaming out of the gorse , stopped him with the obligatory OI and a nice dog fox grassed?

It was freezing for the end of April , I was wearing jumper , body warmer , coat and gloves and still cold in the easterly breeze ..............the car temperature registered -2 on the way home ?

DSC00242.JPG

It’s cold where you are in the middle of August, you have your own micro climate up there ☀️?❄️☃️All in one day ?

that’s a good looking fox, looks a good size ?

33 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s cold where you are in the middle of August, you have your own micro climate up there ☀️?❄️☃️All in one day ?

that’s a good looking fox, looks a good size ?

Yep he was a nice sized specimen in great condition, until he met me ?

• Haha 2

Another!

Headed straight for the lambs!

115 paces.

20220429_231936.jpg.009591e9e275d2ae6294886b6a0d08e2.jpgdog fox.

That's the sytong on a fixed px 3-9. It's a bit of a juggle getting it in focus and a compromise has to be made  somewhere. I've sacrificed close range a little but on the whole it's a lighter package and just point and shoot.

• Like 7

I have been doing a bit of lamb patrol for the chap we get ducks from for the shoot. These are the the latest two to “cop it”. First one only had one eye and was 14lb the second was in good condition and was 16lb.

5C7F2398-F681-488C-922C-0A4F4EBB0908.jpeg

0DD3296F-2B8B-4659-B294-3B95BB41446D.jpeg

• Like 5