Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, si brown said:

think a lot of his stuffs still at the market.

thought id caught the bat bug as well ben, started feeling crap the day after you got it.. done the tests and its just a bad cold:( gonna be fun going back to work tomorrow!

are you feeling any better yet?!

Yeah I'm better now mate, you can't keep a good man down!! ? But still testing Positive so not allowed out still. ?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Yeah I'm better now mate, you can't keep a good man down!! ? But still testing Positive so not allowed out still. ?

when's freedom day?!

I recon 40 fags a day is the true bat but vax.. ive worked through this balls constantly gone to pub and concerts had the kids when they've had it and never tested positive.. done loads of tests too with me mum being old

• Like 1

I really wanted to go for a ruff wander today but I’ve been getting plagued by the lad at the sheep farm about the pigeons on the rape, so me, Mosh and longshanx met there for a go at them, god, I wished I’d gone for a wander, 4 hours for 3 pigeons, it’s not even they wouldn’t decoy, they just weren’t about, I even tried the make a cup of tea trick, but still they didn’t come ☹️ Feeding tomorrow, so maybe I’ll have a walk around the forestry with the little.22

964907C2-98B1-48BD-9E9A-724CA4E8DC7E.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 6
54 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I really wanted to go for a ruff wander today but I’ve been getting plagued by the lad at the sheep farm about the pigeons on the rape, so me, Mosh and longshanx met there for a go at them, god, I wished I’d gone for a wander, 4 hours for 3 pigeons, it’s not even they wouldn’t decoy, they just weren’t about, I even tried the make a cup of tea trick, but still they didn’t come ☹️ Feeding tomorrow, so maybe I’ll have a walk around the forestry with the little.22

I personally wouldn't bother trying to shoot pigeons on winter rape , waste of time mate . I learnt that about 30 years ago never done it since.

3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I personally wouldn't bother trying to shoot pigeons on winter rape , waste of time mate . I learnt that about 30 years ago never done it since.

True. We only had  some success on Friday because we were on a flightline.

10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It’s not about shooting pigeons it’s about keeping farmer john happy so I can still do what I want up there, shooting them on winter rape is ok as long as it’s not freezing and they are not flocked up, I’ve had some good days at them in the past in January and February on rape when the temp is up a bit and there’s nothing else for them to eat

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's the only way to get a bag ? Are you out after slinky tonight?

I'm tempted to because I think a freshman has turned up. Oh wait, when I moved the camera early I forgot the scraps so I have to go and bait the new site ?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s not about shooting pigeons it’s about keeping farmer john happy so I can still do what I want up there, shooting them on winter rape is ok as long as it’s not freezing and they are not flocked up, I’ve had some good days at them in the past in January and February on rape when the temp is up a bit and there’s nothing else for them to eat

I know what you mean about keeping farmers happy , needs must ? Best off firing a shot and they all bugger off then go for a wander about.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I know what you mean about keeping farmers happy , needs must ? Best off firing a shot and they all bugger off then go for a wander about.

That’s what I normally do up there if they are not dropping in and I’m on my own there’s loads of pheasants, partridges and ducks up there and a few bolting rabbits for a place that’s not very big 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You’re right there Mark, generally a fruitless effort so I don’t bother either.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Yerr, get that .22 on the squirrels Stav, still loads about around here. I’m going to have a good bash at them as soon as the game season has finished. 

• Like 2