Back up at the shoot

19 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Why on the side Stav?

I find it sits better, I mount it on the left so my hand is already on the left hand side when I want to switch it on or if I need to adjust it while looking through the scope 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I find it sits better, I mount it on the left so my hand is already on the left hand side when I want to switch it on or if I need to adjust it while looking through the scope 

Don't you use a whip and pressure switch then?

48 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Don't you use a whip and pressure switch then?

No, it’s just as easy to switch it on from the back when it’s on the side, I started putting it on the side when someone lent me a nv add-on years ago and I found it easier to adjust the ir

• Like 2

A quick trip to the sheep farm tonight as lambing starts in a few weeks, when I left the house the weather looked perfect, very dark and a stiff breeze, by the time I got to the farm it was raining and blowing a hoolie but I thought sod it I’m here I’ll give it an hour, well nothing showed and who could blame it with the rain beating down and the wind strong enough to blow me over, I had a go at a 75 yard rabbit on the way back to the motor and couldn’t even hit that with the wind blowing me all over ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

A quick trip to the sheep farm tonight as lambing starts in a few weeks, when I left the house the weather looked perfect, very dark and a stiff breeze, by the time I got to the farm it was raining and blowing a hoolie but I thought sod it I’m here I’ll give it an hour, well nothing showed and who could blame it with the rain beating down and the wind strong enough to blow me over, I had a go at a 75 yard rabbit on the way back to the motor and couldn’t even hit that with the wind blowing me all over ?

Sheep farm, very dark.......hmm?

not you as well.........?

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, si brown said:

first two lambs came the night before last on brotherinlaws farm.. hes got a right flap on cos he thought he'd got another week to get everything sorted :shok:

Two lambs last week on my friends place but that's because some ewes got to the tups one night early on.

8 hours ago, si brown said:

hes got a right flap on cos he thought he'd got another week to get everything sorted :shok:

Ha glad it's not just me that leaves things last minute! Having 10 days stuck indoors hasn't exactly helped either, gonna be mental when I'm allowed back. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Stavross said:

A quick trip to the sheep farm tonight as lambing starts in a few weeks, when I left the house the weather looked perfect, very dark and a stiff breeze, by the time I got to the farm it was raining and blowing a hoolie but I thought sod it I’m here I’ll give it an hour

Same here Stav , left home and weather was OK but by the time I got to my destination , a farm near the moors the wind had picked up and it was horizontal rain..... I was there so decided to see if any rabbits were out , luckily I took my quad sticks to shoot from as usually use my twin sticks. I put a tea towel which I had in the car in my gamebag as I was constantly having to dry my glasses and scope ....what a ballache I can tell you. Some rabbits I couldn't shoot as I simply couldn't see them through the scope .Anyway it made for interesting and challenging shooting , testing my resolve to the limit . I was out about 3 hours and soaked to the skin but strangely I enjoyed it. The rabbits are all big healthy specimens .

DSC00169.JPG

DSC00170.JPG

• Like 7
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Ha glad it's not just me that leaves things last minute! Having 10 days stuck indoors hasn't exactly helped either, gonna be mental when I'm allowed back. 

think a lot of his stuffs still at the market.

thought id caught the bat bug as well ben, started feeling crap the day after you got it.. done the tests and its just a bad cold:( gonna be fun going back to work tomorrow!

are you feeling any better yet?!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, si brown said:

think a lot of his stuffs still at the market.

thought id caught the bat bug as well ben, started feeling crap the day after you got it.. done the tests and its just a bad cold:( gonna be fun going back to work tomorrow!

are you feeling any better yet?!

That cold took me nearly 3 weeks to shift , wife still not better. Went to urgent care yesterday and was told she has picked up a nasty virus ....just has to wait and let it get better ....been I'll for around 3weeks. Roll on Spring/Summer

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That cold took me nearly 3 weeks to shift , wife still not better. Went to urgent care yesterday and was told she has picked up a nasty virus ....just has to wait and let it get better ....been I'll for around 3weeks. Roll on Spring/Summer

just spoke to lad I work with about going back tomorrow and hes got it too, we've both done tests as he thought it was the bat bug as well... can't warm up and feel proper jittery and weak:(

gonna be a right laugh wrestling footing blocks tomorrow