Back up at the shoot

Foxes, i have killed sixty three this year up to press.

Our third shoot today and i took my grandson with the aim of giving him some shooting on pegs that where safe for him to do so. He used his 28 bore armsan semi auto for the biggest part till he ran out of cartridges ( i thought he had more than he actually had ). He then had a few shots with my 20 bore AYA and bagged another couple. Then on the last drive my mate came walking over and handed him his Caesar Guerini 20 bore to try. I put two eley zenith 28grm number 5s in it for him and he turned and smoked a really nice cock bird flying over the wood. He also shot his first woodcock today with his 28 bore. He finished on seven pheasants and a woodcock. He wants the woodcock mounting.

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

Edited by ianm
  • Like 11

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ianm said:

Foxes, i have killed sixty three this year up to press.

Our third shoot today and i took my grandson with the aim of giving him some shooting on pegs that where safe for him to do so. He used his 28 bore armsan semi auto for the biggest part till he ran out of cartridges ( i thought he had more than he actually had ). He then had a few shots with my 20 bore AYA and bagged another couple. Then on the last drive my mate came walking over and handed him his Caesar Guerini 20 bore to try. I put two eley zenith 28grm number 5s in it for him and he turned and smoked a really nice cock bird flying over the wood. He also shot his first woodcock today with his 28 bore. He finished on seven pheasants and a woodcock. He wants the woodcock mounting.

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

What a day??

bet he’s on cloud 9  

stick the woodcock in the freezer and buy him a taxidermy book for Christmas ?

• Haha 3

7 pheasants and a woodcock is a cracking day out and sounds a lot like a full season for me with my terrible shotgun handling, I’d be telling everyone if I’d hit the woodcock,  never mind all them pheasants, I bet he’s chuffed to bits and will remember it forever ?

• Like 2

A lovely little walk around the sheep farm with my mate Mosh this morning, first off around the sheds where I managed 3 feral pigeons for 3 shots, I think Mosh was just as shocked as me that I’m actually hitting a few things. Then it was off around the hedge backs to see what was about, we flushed half a dozen partridges and 4 pheasants but as it’s Sunday we let them be, the rabbits weren’t so lucky, I had 2 running through the rape and connected with them both, then as we past a big oak tree a squirrel made a break for it and I nailed that to the tree, I can’t tell you the last time I shot that well with a shotgun, I’ll have to get up there on a week day to try flushing them birds. We also seen a fox along a boundary so I’ve left it the rabbits 

no pictures, I thought I’d lost my phone but it had fell out my pocket in the car

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well done on shooting straight ? my favourite shooting is rough shooting, not knowing what you will flush ?

I’ve just had a text off Mosh telling me he was out this morning with someone who looked exactly like me, the only way he could tell it wasn’t me was this lad could shoot ?

• Haha 4

Feeding this morning and with the thick fog it was still dark up there at 8, nothing had quite woken up when I set out and there was still a lot of birds around the pens, heading over the piggeries with the fog through the trees there was quite a few deer about, by the time I got to the main feed area over there I was met by a group of about 50 birds, the majority of them hens for some reason all looking at me as if to say “ where the hell have you been, we’re starving “. Next day on Saturday so with a bit of luck it will be a good one ?

9CB85D96-1677-4547-82DA-595B78B41B75.jpeg

• Like 3