Back up at the shoot

Did well Sl a still night and foxless for me .Despite a stinking pile of sun cooked pilchards. 

After 3 fruitless hours a lone rabbit appeared. 

But as the .270 wouldn't leave much for the pot I packed up and sods law driving home a fnucking fox ran across the front of my car ??

• Haha 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Did well Sl a still night and foxless for me .Despite a stinking pile of sun cooked pilchards. 

After 3 fruitless hours a lone rabbit appeared. 

But as the .270 wouldn't leave much for the pot I packed up and sods law driving home a fnucking fox ran across the front of my car ??

Might not leave much for the pot but it’d certainly hold it for a while while it hoovers the bits up?

I’ve heard them barking and there was a squashed cub at the end of my rd the other week.. I’ve got a bloody great tree next to me bedroom window with an owl in it most nights that goes nuts when there about. 
seen badgers running about too, they must pile out of the golf course for a bit of exercise when it gets dark?

off out soon for a go with a mate?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

Might not leave much for the pot but it’d certainly hold it for a while while it hoovers the bits up?

I’ve heard them barking and there was a squashed cub at the end of my rd the other week.. I’ve got a bloody great tree next to me bedroom window with an owl in it most nights that goes nuts when there about. 
seen badgers running about too, they must pile out of the golf course for a bit of exercise when it gets dark?

off out soon for a go with a mate?

We have little owls here , and they go ballistic when Charlie is about . I’ve nailed a few foxes thanks to owls giving away their presence. 
         Good luck when you go out Si . 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

We have little owls here , and they go ballistic when Charlie is about . I’ve nailed a few foxes thanks to owls giving away their presence. 
         Good luck when you go out Si . 

The only fox of the night, me mate had been baiting up but it wasn’t happening… I heard a pheasant kicking off so went for a mooch. 
no photo of this one?

34CDC3FE-946C-4EF2-BAC6-FBE58040DBC8.png.02e2fd13aa20596d9f37723878da2230.png

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Good result. ? What scope are you using ?

Cheers..It’s a pard 008 

think it’s going to be getting a rest though, ordered a thermal scope last night should be here Saturday :) 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, si brown said:

Cheers..It’s a pard 008 

think it’s going to be getting a rest though, ordered a thermal scope last night should be here Saturday :) 

I’m jealous. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it . The fox I had the other night, as soon as it saw the IR it was off . Thermal is the way to go , no glare back either .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m jealous. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it . The fox I had the other night, as soon as it saw the IR it was off . Thermal is the way to go , no glare back either .

Yeah I’ve had a fair few take off that have seen the ir, even rats see it. 
I’ll do a proper post when I’ve got to grips with it, got the same one as a mate uses cos I was well impressed with his

• Like 2