Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I thought I’d soak the dead foxes in a container. I squeezed their bladders into it as well. This will  make some fantastic “ fox juice “ , I will put it in a spray bottle and use it near my snares . I’ve got to say it already stinks like a tramps jock strap. ?

658120F2-EB87-4211-89BE-8A7EACCD3F05.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I thought I’d soak the dead foxes in a container. I squeezed their bladders into it as well. This will  make some fantastic “ fox juice “ , I will put it in a spray bottle and use it near my snares . I’ve got to say it already stinks like a tramps jock strap. ?

658120F2-EB87-4211-89BE-8A7EACCD3F05.jpeg

I can smell that just looking at it ? Cut silage is always a great draw ?

• Haha 2

Quality night out ? you have to admire them, they are an apex predator and a superb provider for their young people, I’ve lost count of the amount I’ve seen running around the shoot with birds in their gobs, mostly pheasants ( because they are thick as sh*t ) but it’s sad to see them killing the natives 

fox juice ??dirty boy ???( I admire your dedication)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Quality night out ? you have to admire them, they are an apex predator and a superb provider for their young people, I’ve lost count of the amount I’ve seen running around the shoot with birds in their gobs, mostly pheasants ( because they are thick as sh*t ) but it’s sad to see them killing the natives 

fox juice ??dirty boy ???( I admire your dedication)

Just to extract as much juice as possible, I had a little paddle , it put me in mind of treading grapes .....  I kept my wellies on though , I’m not that daft ?

• Haha 2

A year or so ago, my mate got some of that fox juice spray that mark ripley and that whopper from best fox call were raving about, anyway the idiot managed to squeeze the trigger getting it out the bag in the car, it smelt like there was a dozen dog foxes in the car for a month, it was in the winter and we spent the whole night driving around with the Windows open ? he was instantly banned from bringing that disgusting ? sh*t with him ?

14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

A year or so ago, my mate got some of that fox juice spray that mark ripley and that whopper from best fox call were raving about, anyway the idiot managed to squeeze the trigger getting it out the bag in the car, it smelt like there was a dozen dog foxes in the car for a month, it was in the winter and we spent the whole night driving around with the Windows open ? he was instantly banned from bringing that disgusting ? sh*t with him ?

I can’t really see an application for scent when I’m shooting . It might draw in foxes and make them hang around long enough for a shot . But I just use it for snaring. I’ve tried all sorts , I’ve even cut out scent glands and made a paste with Vaseline , but even I baulk at that now . 

enjoyed reading that sl  ?

I was out rat bashing the other night with the airgun, I took the 204 with me as well as theres usually a for or two kicking about!

anyway after a couple of hours on the rats I loaded the 204 and made a move for the back fields,

I fired the thermal up and nearly had a heart attack... im no stranger to deer but I was lost ? wtf is it,

I thought it was an alien at first as it was laid down in chill mode so I fired the pard up with just its neck and head exposed I could instantly tell what it was but its a first, never seen a fallow over this way never mind a bloody massive one 30yard away barking at me   ?

few stills of some of me footage

4B13DE38-D99F-44D0-9B95-9D55252F2ABA.jpeg.a772b0e6ee7d908588b79eab6a464663.jpeg7B2066E1-DF01-48F6-98A0-2914E7A7A16A.jpeg.9b476bbf5287a3c54ea43a95417ac2b6.jpeg

it proceeded to bark at me for ten mins then bugger off and come back for another go, in-between I did get a fleeting glimpse of one of this years cubs out working on its own but there was no way I could keep track of it with how long the grass was, told the farmer next day to give me a nod when he cuts as ive got a feeling it might be a bumper night. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I can’t really see an application for scent when I’m shooting . It might draw in foxes and make them hang around long enough for a shot . But I just use it for snaring. I’ve tried all sorts , I’ve even cut out scent glands and made a paste with Vaseline , but even I baulk at that now . 

ughh ? theres limits sl

pack of cat food is me going for it and thats bad enough ?

• Haha 2
On 04/06/2021 at 16:01, Stavross said:

I give up trying to spell it ?

I knew that was the reason you called them  French wellies but wasn't going to say anything. However now that SL has outed you! ?

He is also right about the quality, my local gun shop has stopped supplying them now because he is sick of sending returns back. 

We should all get together somewhere in the middle of the country and invite the media. Whereupon we have a big ritual bonfire of "French wellies" and other "cheese eating surrender monkey" produce in protest of their "pissing and whistling over Brexit.?

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve only seen it work once, on a fox run, sprayed on a fence post, it peaked an interest and had the fox sniffing around long enough for a shot, cat food would of done the same job with a lot less stink, I don’t know what he’s done with it because I won’t let him bring it with him, maybe replaced his old spice with it ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Great evening mate & write up. Im taking our first cut tomorrow ? so will be out tomorrow night on it

I’m jealous of people who have silage to shoot over, I’ve only got one farm that’s got about 30 aches of cut and it always produces a fox or two, it’s the dry months around here at the moment with all the crops to high, roll on combine 

no sitting in the house Ben swimming in beer, get out there ?