Back up at the shoot

28 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Slate pah bloody luxury I used to live in a paper bag and eat coal.We were that poor we had to get up for work 30 minutes before bedtime. In my day during the war pull up a sandbag il tell you all about it ??

Bleddy snob........?

• Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Slate pah bloody luxury I used to live in a paper bag and eat coal.We were that poor we had to get up for work 30 minutes before bedtime. In my day during the war pull up a sandbag il tell you all about it ??

You were lucky. In my day ....

• Haha 2

I was just on my way around the shoot to check my Larson traps . They have slowed up a bit to be honest. I’ve been catching well this year and a magpie is almost a rare sight now ...... just how I like it . Just tootling along , not a care in the world , then I spot Charlie, I think I must of disturbed his afternoon nap as he got up out of his curled up position and made for some bushes , he stopped as they often due and gave me a broadside target. I only had my 22lr with me and I cursed my laziness for not bringing out the .243 . But I’m confident with my little Tikka and it was only about 70 meters , so I put a slug in its chest , it sounded good and thumped home . Charlie jumped and squirmed and shot off into a small patch of trees and bramble. I followed on foot expecting to have to go and get some dogs to find it , but I didn’t have to bother it was lying straight in front of me , near to death but another 22lr in the head sent the dog fox on his way to the celestial chicken run . I really love my 22lr ???

• Like 7

I’ve started to put snares out , and instead of having a few in each wood I’ve changed tactics and concentrated the amount of snares i put out in one wood . This just makes checking them easier and less time and fuel consuming. I then plan on rotating them around each wood . The plan is going well and on only the second morning in this particular wood my efforts were rewarded with a dog fox . I knew there was one about as I could smell him next to a Larsen trap , and could see where something had been flattening the vegetation around the trap as it circled the hapless call bird . I’ve got to say that I never tire of checking snares , I’m like a kid on Christmas morning who sees his pile of presents under the tree , when I see one of those ginger things bouncing around on the end of a wire . I’ve been using earth anchors that I get from Arrow anchors , I’ve never had one pull out . 

365F1A37-739E-40C8-99A0-56E8760ED829.jpeg

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Good work, I’m getting very jealous seeing people out in this weather doing what we love while I’m laid up with my manky feet ☹️

they not starting to heal up yet stav?

not sure where I saw it, might even be back in this thread but the amount of ppl this jabs fckin up is shocking!

was on phone to a mate the other day and hes just had his first jab, he lives in Wales and it knocked fcuk out of him for days

need a pair of these:)

0D40D0BE-56C9-4354-A293-F359D2C4D230.jpeg.52a6a9301c11fa1a6a5187588357ff87.jpeg

3 minutes ago, si brown said:

they not starting to heal up yet stav?

not sure where I saw it, might even be back in this thread but the amount of ppl this jabs fckin up is shocking!

was on phone to a mate the other day and hes just had his first jab, he lives in Wales and it knocked fcuk out of him for days

They are slowly getting better, I was back at the doctors yesterday and I’ve been told not to put shoes on for the next 4 days and to use a steroid cream, she also told me to chuck my work boots away because they will be full of bacteria ?

it seems to be the Astra Zeneca vaccine that’s doing the damage, the missus works with someone who has a skin condition and when she had the vaccine her skin went mental as well, it seems to send some people’s immune system mental