Back up at the shoot

2 minutes ago, David.evans said:

If it was me I just would have bought bigger wellies ?

sorry stav , I shouldn’t take the piss ?

This is the wrong place to get sympathy. A good helping of British piss taking should clear it up .?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I know it’s the right thing to do and I can handle feeling unwell for a couple of days but I can’t go through the skin thing again 

sod it, I’ll show you what my feet looked like last week ?

7CF389E7-3E88-4B0D-91D6-D0C1158221F3.jpeg

939F3480-2BA8-430C-9150-1607365C1ED7.jpeg

Look at them toes!! The Shire phoned; they're missing a hobbit! 

• Haha 3

On the ground for 3.45am this morning and it was misty , but at least it was warm. Within 5 mins I glassed a buck moving down a hedge ? I managed to sneak down the side of the field and clocked him at around 80 yds in the mist , I thought he was going to go in the cover but luckily he turned and moved a few yards closer , turned broadside and I duly dropped him on the spot ? Didnt realise that he was a real old warrior until I got up to him due to the mist , a real big body but losing condition down his spine , a good one to remove and let some young blood in .

20210529_041133.jpg

20210529_051845.jpg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

On the ground for 3.45am this morning and it was misty , but at least it was warm. Within 5 mins I glassed a buck moving down a hedge ? I managed to sneak down the side of the field and clocked him at around 80 yds in the mist , I thought he was going to go in the cover but luckily he turned and moved a few yards closer , turned broadside and I duly dropped him on the spot ? Didnt realise that he was a real old warrior until I got up to him due to the mist , a real big body but losing condition down his spine , a good one to remove and let some young blood in .

20210529_041133.jpg

20210529_051845.jpg

Nice buck that FH ?

Nice one, I love a first light walk out, I’m taking longshanx out this evening on the hunt for a buck and if the opportunity appears maybe a fox, just hope my feet hold out, we have two farms to cover and maybe a big bit of land around our local airport ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

Nice one, I love a first light walk out, I’m taking longshanx out this evening on the hunt for a buck and if the opportunity appears maybe a fox, just hope my feet hold out, we have to farms to cover and maybe a big bit of land around our local airport ?

Good luck , hope the feet dont hurt too much. I'm going to have a look out too on a different farm for the other old boy I've seen 4 times but keeps evading me.

• Like 1