Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Just back from the general section .f**k me there’s some sad feckers we share this thing with .

Was nearly painting my eyes black ,dipping my nob in petunia oil and going all goth it’s that depressing .

Far better to stick with like minded people who actually hunt ffs .......so off to airgun section ..............

only kidding .

Great thread lads .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
47 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Just back from the general section .f**k me there’s some sad feckers we share this thing with .

Was nearly painting my eyes black ,dipping my nob in petunia oil and going all goth it’s that depressing .

Ffs I've just gotta go have a look now haven't I?!!

Edit : jeesus there's some whiny tarts over that way! 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

If you like big tits, scroll down......

Ffs never seen tits like it, pretty f***ing useless mind if a lamb can't suck on them! 

@Gav Don't get 'em like that on your wild ugly goat things!! ??

20210212_121218.jpg

• Haha 2

Well, yesterday it made a change, it was the first time I could drive on some of our land. It’s been like a swamp in parts for weeks. This cold snap had the ground hard enough for me to take advantage and take some of the last wheat out to the feeders using a vehicle. Just using the last of it for the birds left over from last season. Checking a few fenn traps produced three customers. I can see plenty of well used runs and I’m thinking a bit of a night time session might yield a few. It was a lovely day to be out, cold and sunny, no wind, crisp air, just grand.?

A558964E-6C4E-4EE4-87D9-4572FBE1AD6D.jpeg

DB05BE7F-3656-4560-9DD1-CA1FC949D03A.jpeg

• Like 3

A phone call earlier today from my mate Mosh at the sheep farm, he said there was a fox crossing the field at the rear of the farm, so not having any work on because of the snow I said I’d have a run up to find out where it was coming from. When I got there I bumped into the owner elbow deep in a ewe, he pointed to where it was seen and said “get the bugger, there’ll be lambs out next week and if you see any deer while you are down there I’ll have one of them too” I set off  in the snow, the temperature gauge said -3 but it felt a lot colder than that. When I got to the top field I found a set of tracks, followed them and found they followed the gutter about 800 yards and then onto next doors land, so spreading cat food on a couple of tree trunks, both in view from my preferred shooting position, I’ll be back to see what turns up. I walked the long way back to the farm and came across another set of prints, these looked smaller so it’s a good bet it’s another ginger. As I got to the top field something court my eye, looking through the bino’s I could see 4 hares on a pure white snow covered field, the jill was giving 3 Jack’s the run around only stopping when one got a bit close, a quick box and off she went again, it’s been a long time since I’ve had the pleasure of watching this in the snow 

019F950F-C843-4402-80D5-046B0F491496.jpeg

FBE86BD7-5006-432F-A2FE-A13A0A3B3104.jpeg

BC857DC5-184E-488C-A9E4-6389507943F8.jpeg

73BA96DB-A88B-4388-86D9-8B48D42B7404.jpeg

97A78978-DDB3-4A24-B050-B691F91F3F9E.jpeg

• Like 6