Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

No 1 said fcuc the rules? ,I just said January is looking bleak .Which it is ,having lost my uncle brother in law and a good friend to covid i would never say that.

Think dave was talking tongue in cheek saying that's how a lot of folk are gonna be getting on, not direct quoting you baldy 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

No 1 said fcuc the rules? ,I just said January is looking bleak .Which it is ,having lost my uncle brother in law and a good friend to covid i would never say that.

BC

you have miss read what I said mate , what I’m saying is any body that says fuc the rules IMO is a idiot, and people that say it will be ok we won’t catch it lets have a big party and invite everyone, just begs believe 

sorry for your loss mate I buried my sister on Tuesday so I do know 

atb 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
33 minutes ago, David.evans said:

BC

you have miss read what I said mate , what I’m saying is any body that says fuc the rules IMO is a idiot, and people that say it will be ok we won’t catch it lets have a big party and invite everyone, just begs believe 

sorry for your loss mate I buried my sister on Tuesday so I do know 

atb 

Sorry Dave. Didn't know.

Looks we all have a black cloud hovering over us. Yea we may put a brave face on it but.....its still there!

Sorry Dave.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Your on fire Mark .Is that the same place you were on to control them while back .

No mate that was a National Trust site where the new manager replaced me with his son ? This is just a farm I have shot for nearly 30 years now ?

On 16/12/2020 at 23:36, BenBhoy said:

Absolutely zero shooting for me recently & foreseeable; busiest time of year for myself start lambing in few weeks, bringing ewes inside yesterday, bloody lovely view for a welshman!! 

20201215_111506.jpg

Let me know if you want to borrow any mucky dvd’s Ben ?

12FBB1E1-5D17-46DF-8496-54DB7396273E.jpeg

• Haha 3

Hand feeding again this morning ahead of tomorrow’s shoot and my god it’s wet, I managed to get the bike stuck twice, the birds are concentrated in 3 drives ( Gordon’s pen and both sides of the piggeries) with a few small drivers to fill the day in and a bit of luck it should be a good day. With the way Ireland and the sheep bothering nation have announced further lockdowns after Christmas there’s a chance that this could be the last day of the season ☹️. I had a little big game hunting while I was up there, taking down 6 tree beasts, I’m going to have to put a couple of feeders out for them, I bet I could easily do a 50 squizzer day, the little buggers are everywhere 

F134421D-CE31-4690-8581-D42B128D6AF4.jpeg

176354FA-950E-47D6-92B4-0791CE9CDED3.jpeg

E84E46CE-94B3-45D3-A28A-3B58BB919BAD.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Hand feeding again this morning ahead of tomorrow’s shoot and my god it’s wet, I managed to get the bike stuck twice, the birds are concentrated in 3 drives ( Gordon’s pen and both sides of the piggeries) with a few small drivers to fill the day in and a bit of luck it should be a good day. With the way Ireland and the sheep bothering nation have announced further lockdowns after Christmas there’s a chance that this could be the last day of the season ☹️. I had a little big game hunting while I was up there, taking down 6 tree beasts, I’m going to have to put a couple of feeders out for them, I bet I could easily do a 50 squizzer day, the little buggers are everywhere 

F134421D-CE31-4690-8581-D42B128D6AF4.jpeg

176354FA-950E-47D6-92B4-0791CE9CDED3.jpeg

E84E46CE-94B3-45D3-A28A-3B58BB919BAD.jpeg

One old keeper used 5 gallon drums. He would cut one end. Put some hinged mesh a squirrel could get through and put a fen trap in it with some grain.

• Like 1