Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Well sitting in worrying about a job was not an option to I braved the weather to collect some groceries.

20201216_102108.jpg.1e69efd1ccd9e39111dd1ff0ea7d8a55.jpg

The squirrel and later pigeon have been placed as a snack for my latest Charlie friend. 

Got home damp, the rain had gotten through the Barbour. Stavs gloves were a God send?

• Like 2

Back up at the shoot at first light to feed and it’s another filthy wet day, the birds are looking sorry for themselves and are mostly hunkered down in the deep cover, there was a good show of birds around the farm ( Gordon’s pen drive ) and the new feed areas I’ve put out over the far side ( piggeries drive) seem to be holding the birds well. With a bit of luck Saturday will be a good day and we can make the most of our Christmas shoot because who knows if we will be able to have days in January after the Christmas super spreading 

0E064FBB-A3F6-4094-91E9-0A70A4358AAE.jpeg

B5F2C83F-6972-48D7-AF34-862440202ECA.jpeg

F7C18C9E-1249-47DD-A768-F5D7A9B1C979.jpeg

• Like 2
On 14/12/2020 at 19:32, FOXHUNTER said:

Popped out this afternoon to try for squirrels as I've only had 3 this year ? There was a few out today and I shot really well , taking 3 at a good 50 yds ? I then shot a few woodies coming in to roost , very testing in the wind. On dusk heading back to the car a cracking cock pheasant lifted , a good 50 yard crosser , swung right through and folded it , made my day. On coming to the edge of this field there was a big splash after all the rain we've had and 2 mallard lifted so I stood by a tree and slipped in steel cartridges hoping some more might flight in. My lucky day as 2 came in and I dropped a nice drake ? Love days like this with variety , 10 squirrels,  5 woodies  , 1 pheasant  , 1 mallard. 

20201214_144909.jpg

20201214_161040.jpg

20201214_172545.jpg

Good varied bag FH?? nice going for a day out. 

37 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

.Sure is looking a bleak outlook for January for all of us ?

Yep let’s all have a wonderful Xmas , fuc all the rules , and in February put another few thousand poor soles in the ground , I don’t think 

id rather be around next year than take the chance of this been my last 

On 14/12/2020 at 18:47, Stavross said:

Bit off topic but I’ve just seen derv’s post and had a flick through the thread, 102 pages of mostly mindless nonsense ? well done lads ?

You can count on us for a waffle of shité 

• Haha 1