Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I’m starting to worry about you Ben 

next you’ll be saying I missed the fox because it saw the pink thing at 110 yards away 

ffs ?‍♂️ ?lol 

I'm long beyond the point of worrying about me mate, just save yourselves!! ??

On a serious note, they are a great bit of kit, rifle stable on back, reduces weight but easy & quick to shoulder still. Just don't get a pink one........... unless you're as cool as me ??

e89499ddfbd57abb41cff8fc509427b6--hunting-camo-hunting-guns.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 2

Up to the shoot this afternoon to spray off around the pens, even though I’ve got no idea if we are getting any birds, still got to be ready in case they turn up, seen my first hen with 2 young around the bird feeder at the farm house, after spraying off I went down to see the old girl, shooting one of the terrorist crows off a fence post, I was going to have a good walk around but seen as I hadn’t seen her for a few weeks an hour soon passed as I got the death list ( all people I don’t know) the farming news, the rabbits in the veg patch and the deer that are taking liberties coming into the farm and eating whatever they want, she thinks that with the weather we are forecast the barley should be down in a couple of weeks, which will be a bonus because there’s a big strip of it along the oak wood where a few foxes and a couple of roe reside, it was lovely up there today, everything is very green the only down side is the flies, it was also very dry so I put a few drinkers out and filled a couple of water butts over the piggeries for everything to get a drink ?

CAAE9EC3-9A59-47F5-880A-6E0FA13BD91B.jpeg

5C08034F-5F29-4597-9817-30D48584E4B4.jpeg

0421DB21-DE55-45CE-82D4-D96D3855318B.jpeg

EAE950AC-CAC0-4EE0-A7E8-607F97A298C6.jpeg

• Like 6

Don’t know if this is any good for anyone but nightmaster are selling off their discontinued eclipse torches, I’ve just got a new Red one for under £50, they are normally about £150 and the NM1 that’s replaced it is about £180 ?

247D1296-8021-49F7-94CC-A48951B14DBD.png

• Like 3