Back up at the shoot

Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

Your  OK its Durham force that are the problem ...Cleveland and Northumberland are ok.

Yeah, I’ve just spoke to longshanx, he’s just renewed, they rang him yesterday and as nothing has changed they did it all over the phone and said it will be with him in a couple of days, it’s mad, they all do the same job and follow the same guidance 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

The ammo thing has always been a farce. How on earth can it be policed?

I was once turned down a 357 carbine because they were worried I might supply the criminal world with ammo!

I pointed out that at the time there was pistol clubs up and down the country and how or where is that part of my responsibility with regards to providing a good reason to use said carbine.

Does your nut sometimes...

I consider myself lucky up here to be under Cleveland firearms, they have always ( up to now ) been very easy to deal with and very knowledgeable when you ask any questions, there’s none of this, we’ll get back to you , the ammo thing with what you can hold is stupid, I bet what it says on my ticket is different to a lot of other peoples, I bet not one person has had a FEO counting rounds when they get a visit and on another note, the closed ticket thing also baffles me, why would someone who is deemed safe to use a firearm on one piece of land not be considered responsible enough to know if that firearm was suitable to use on another piece of land ?

• Like 3

Wilts has /is very good .

Put in for variation for 30-06 recently and back within 3 weeks despite not talking to anyone .Back before the cold ,used to do it all in one day ,down to the gun shop to get it off ticket and a note ,up to Devises HQ and then back to the gun shop to pick up the new gun .Can’t fault them tbh .

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Wilts has /is very good .

Put in for variation for 30-06 recently and back within 3 weeks despite not talking to anyone .Back before the cold ,used to do it all in one day ,down to the gun shop to get it off ticket and a note ,up to Devises HQ and then back to the gun shop to pick up the new gun .Can’t fault them tbh .

Bleddy ‘ell Tim, haven’t seen any posts from you for a while. Glad you’re back fella??

• Like 1

Sat in the back garden having a whiskey, listening to the birds after embarrassing myself on a night out on the foxes, first one, didn’t see it until the last minute because I was looking over the top of it, I couldn’t of kicked it, second one, a cub, clean miss, it wasn’t even that far away, if you don’t hear from me for a bit, it’s because I’m sat in a dark room rocking back and forwards crying ? 

• Haha 7

First '22 cub this morning. Mowed some silage yesterday so thought I'd have a look early on. Couple hours calling but nothing.

Start my work day, gaffer rings just after 7 asking if I've got gun on me, just seen one in little paddock we keep few odd sod sheep in. I got there quick, it was still sat by water trough. I was on bipod, only 50yds away but grass long & no backstop so gave quiet lip squeak. Jesus, came rushing in like a collie! 32grs dropped it at about 15yds ?? Dog. 

20220704_072643.jpg

20220704_060628.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 7
15 minutes ago, David.evans said:

What’s the gay pink thing hanging of the butt 

If they hadn’t of been a picture I’d of said a Welshman ? 

I’m back out of my dark room and I’ve stopped crying ? I’ve just had a quality invite to go and clear muntjac off some land, all I have to do is turn up and shoot, the lad who is in charge of it will collect them and sort them out form there, hopefully my disastrous efforts at the weekend were just a blip in my rifle shooting ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1