Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Can you legally receive ammo from a mate though Mark ,if you got him to buy it .Not everyone wants to use up ammo allowance for a mate but I’m sure you know someone .

Seeing as I cant legally buy ammo I dont think I could receive it from anyone else as they would just let me buy it in the first place. 

Strangely though I can stock up before my extension ends and use it legally .....the whole thing is crazy.

Just wish I had my certs just for peace of mind as it has just been lingering on in my mind for 6 months now...?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Seeing as I cant legally buy ammo I dont think I could receive it from anyone else as they would just let me buy it in the first place. 

Strangely though I can stock up before my extension ends and use it legally .....the whole thing is crazy.

Just wish I had my certs just for peace of mind as it has just been lingering on in my mind for 6 months now...?

Would me too mate .Luckily I’ve got another two years to go when hopefully all this crap will be sorted .

2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Mine is up in September!

When should I send it in? I was thinking August.

All depends on how good your firearms dept is. It is something of a postcode lottery , some are incredibly efficient and others are dire!

3 hours ago, David.evans said:

SD 

it clearly states you cannot buy ammo 

and your rfd would not sell it to you a way 

On that certificate no, maybe not but there is nothing stopping one from reloading, around a friend's, miles away even, "oh look, I didn't realise I still got these in stock, we can do the reloading together another time then. Thanks, bye...."

5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

So you can’t buy ammo or receive it from anyone else because you don’t have a ticket to sign it onto but if you reload you just crack on as normal and you are well within your right to stock up to your limit before your extension expires, what a complete shambles, I’m sure you won’t run out of ammo, but they are taking the pi*s with these renewals ☹️ I think there’s 2 years left on mine, I’d better get it sent in now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

So you can’t buy ammo or receive it from anyone else because you don’t have a ticket to sign it onto but if you reload you just crack on as normal and you are well within your right to stock up to your limit before your extension expires, what a complete shambles, I’m sure you won’t run out of ammo, but they are taking the pi*s with these renewals ☹️ I think there’s 2 years left on mine, I’d better get it sent in now

The ammo thing has always been a farce. How on earth can it be policed?

I was once turned down a 357 carbine because they were worried I might supply the criminal world with ammo!

I pointed out that at the time there was pistol clubs up and down the country and how or where is that part of my responsibility with regards to providing a good reason to use said carbine.

Does your nut sometimes...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Your  OK its Durham force that are the problem ...Cleveland and Northumberland are ok.