Back up at the shoot

14 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I tried for those woodies today but the wind spoilt the day. The only place I could set up was with the wind wrong so I had a 20 mph wind in my face blowing the hide all over and really annoying me.?

The birds wouldnt decoy and were screaming over very high with the wind up their arse....

I never shot very well either but did pull off some crackers too ?

Managed 26 in the end but couldn't pick most of them due to dropping in cover.

Anyway beats sitting in the house ?

20220626_145010.jpg

Without doubt the best tasting thing with wings

I’m sat here thinking, pigeon breast cooked in butter, thyme and a bit of garlic, roast carrots and pea shoots, maybe do a little sauce from what the pigeon was cooked in? ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Well after getting home from the pigeons my mate messaged to say are you coming out tonight. So off I went over to his and up to his ground.

Still windy so not ideal but nice to be out .

Saw 3 does and 1 spiker buck who just evaded us by slinking into a wood.....

I then decided to check out a gulley where I know is a decent buck , the light was fading now but I spotted a fox trotting along the opposite bank so I told my mate to get ready on sticks as I needed to stop it before it disappeared. The obligatory OI stopped it in its tracks and my mate dropped it at around 120 yds .....

DSC00264.JPG

• Like 5

Just received a voicemail from FEO saying that as my extension expires on 13 July he has issued temporary permits now which means I can still use my guns legally but not allowed to buy any ammo.

What is going on , my renewal has been in since January ?

• Sad 4

My sons is due on the 1st of July and had to wait two months for the useless doctors that are still hiding from a cold to fill his form in. They wouldn’t even look at it until you paid them fifty pounds. Anyway due to their incompetence the paperwork wasn’t submitted until the 20th of June for sec and fac grant. The FEO paid him a visit today so a week and a half after the paperwork submitted. Lancashire are pretty damn good to be fair.?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just received a voicemail from FEO saying that as my extension expires on 13 July he has issued temporary permits now which means I can still use my guns legally but not allowed to buy any ammo.

What is going on , my renewal has been in since January ?

I’ve never heard anything so stupid, if they spent less time issuing extensions and temporary permits and just got on with the renewals they wouldn’t be in this mess, as for a temporary permit where you can’t buy ammo ? that’s a new one on me, what’s the point of that, instead of giving you a temporary permit just renew the bloody FAC they seem to be giving themselves more work by not doing the job they are paid to do ?

• Like 5
Just now, Stavross said:

I’ve never heard anything so stupid, if they spent less time issuing extensions and temporary permits and just got on with the renewals they wouldn’t be in this mess, as for a temporary permit where you can’t buy ammo ? that’s a new one on me, what’s the point of that, instead of giving you a temporary permit just renew the bloody FAC they seem to be giving themselves more work by not doing the job they are paid to do ?

Beggars belief mate , it's a straight forward renewal with no changes etc.

Had FAC 35 years ....its a joke ?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Beggars belief mate , it's a straight forward renewal with no changes etc.

Had FAC 35 years ....its a joke ?

Can you legally receive ammo from a mate though Mark ,if you got him to buy it .Not everyone wants to use up ammo allowance for a mate but I’m sure you know someone .

It's bad to hear how the regions vary, but I applied online to renew my coterminous tickets on 6th June. FEO called round for cuppa 2 days ago and said my new tickets will be with me before the old ones expire.

We all pay the same price. We should all get the same service.