Back up at the shoot

I never saw anything moving before dark . Once the light had faded which seemed to take forever out came the Foxpro ?

1st stand had a dog fox racing in to hare distress shot at 75 yds.

2nd stand had a vixen screaming in to cub call shot at 100 yds 

Brilliant night , got to go out again tonight as farmer text to say a fox walked  passed his patio window last night at 11.20 pm

20220619_234221.jpg

20220620_001527.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Out again last night after the hen killers. Really awkward as all the fields are long and there is only 1 field to shoot in which was rough plough.

Spotted a fox straight away but getting close enough was really difficult having to plod across the plough , eventually got within range but really struggled to get a good sight picture as light night using red led against plough is not ideal but I eventually got the shot ?

I spent the next couple of hours seeing the vixen and another 2 Cubs but unable to get a shot ?

Didnt get to bed until 2.30am ?

20220621_000237.jpg

• Like 8

Well I sat up waiting for Charlie to come to the chicken when nearing 11:30 the young farmer opens his window and hurls abuse at an imagined fox ! His house overlooks the range.

So I phoned him there and then to ask if he has seen it? Err no sorry he says.

I give up!! Words just fail me!!!

• Haha 6
44 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Mm get here quickly the fields blue wi pigeon. 

Off to the farm and it's as blue as a Liverpool scarf ??

Another case of farmers millions ? I have a similar case at the moment with crows terrorising the old girl up at the shoot, in reality there’s about half a dozen, but you’ve got to show willing ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

you’ve got to show willing

Someone once said that to me but I misheard the willing bit... that took some explaining to the feds!! ?

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 2

Got a farmer well trained now ...if he rings me and says theres loads of pigeons or crows there will be. Last couple of years been great.

Rang me last year to say hundreds of geese about so I went there expecting seeing a couple....christ there was 300 in the field ?

• Like 2

Showed my face up at the shoot again tonight, mainly just for a walk out, but as always I took a rifle with me, no foxes, 1 rabbit, 1 crow and watched 3 fallow for a couple of minutes, over the last week everything has shot up so it’s looking like a waiting game now for the foxes, looking at the barley at the back of the farm I’d guess that’s 4 or 5 weeks away before that will be off, the way things are going with the pheasants they may only be a couple of small days up there this season, I’ve given up asking if we are getting all our birds because he just doesn’t know, if he can’t give me at least 400 I’m not going to bother this year and give it a year off, if we don’t put any down it will be the first time in over 40 years, on one hand I’d miss the shoot days but on the other I’ve never had the place to myself over the winter

098A1193-DF86-45E7-8333-2DFBFA200B77.jpeg

37A7E012-0809-4A16-AB6F-C8CB998CC411.jpeg

C2CFC06A-A93D-416F-8FBE-870A05EDE886.jpeg

• Like 7
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Showed my face up at the shoot again tonight, mainly just for a walk out, but as always I took a rifle with me, no foxes, 1 rabbit, 1 crow and watched 3 fallow for a couple of minutes, over the last week everything has shot up so it’s looking like a waiting game now for the foxes, looking at the barley at the back of the farm I’d guess that’s 4 or 5 weeks away before that will be off, the way things are going with the pheasants they may only be a couple of small days up there this season, I’ve given up asking if we are getting all our birds because he just doesn’t know, if he can’t give me at least 400 I’m not going to bother this year and give it a year off, if we don’t put any down it will be the first time in over 40 years, on one hand I’d miss the shoot days but on the other I’ve never had the place to myself over the winter

098A1193-DF86-45E7-8333-2DFBFA200B77.jpeg

37A7E012-0809-4A16-AB6F-C8CB998CC411.jpeg

C2CFC06A-A93D-416F-8FBE-870A05EDE886.jpeg

Just shoot next doors birds ???

• Like 1